Nail of the Week: OMG French Manicure Nail Polish in Amour

by - Friday, April 22, 2022

 



.

Quickly dropping by to share the current polish I have on!

I swear summertime makes me want to just wear happy colors on my nails. I don't usually go for bright and pastels but for some reason, they're the colors I currently reach for. My polish stash consists of mostly nudes and deep shades so I had to get something opposite of that. Hence I got this polish I'm wearing right now!

The last time I featured an OMG polish was back in September so I thought I'd add one for this year. OMG is my local go-to polish brand because not only do they have a wide array of colors, they also have different types of polishes like neons, mattes, glow in the darks, and glittery ones. Someday I'll get myself to try some of those out but for the meantime, I'm sticking with a creme.

This is Amour, a nice light periwinkle shade. I really thought I already have something similar in my stash but turns out, Amour is quite different from my other purples. NARS Algonquin is a muted lavender with a shimmery finish; NARS New York Dolls is a light grape; Essence Serendipity is a light lavender gray; and NARS Obscura is a deep charcoal lavender. Amour is pretty much the only polish I have that has a blue tone to it. 

Formula has its ups and downs. It applied smoothly on the nails and it actually has a pretty decent coverage right off the bat. The problem comes the more you use it: the polish still applies smoothly but somehow becomes thicker and goopier. I had to roll it over a few times in between fingers to get its formula thin again. There were some instances when I applied quite a thick layer of polish but I liked that the polish was still smooth and still dried quite quickly. Having said that, I can honestly say that Amour definitely has a better formula than Avant Garde.   

I can definitely see myself wearing this polish even after the summer. It's a fun shade without looking too childish or tacky, plus it's one of a kind shade in my stash. Love, indeed.  

You May Also Like

0 comments