Rouge Play: Clockwork(-ish)

by - Monday, April 18, 2022

 


She shimmery.

This look is inspired by a photo I saw from Sugarpill Cosmetics' Insta.

I've known Sugarpill Cosmetics since the early 2010s. My makeup obsession was still in its toddler years so I pretty much obsessed over different makeup brands, specifically western hemisphere-based ones. There was MAC (a classic, of course), Elizabeth Arden, Bobbi Brown (which I eventually realized that its vibe is too grown up for my taste), The Body Shop, Benefit, etc. But I guess I was more drawn into the edgier makeup brands like Urban Decay, NYX, Lime Crime, Kat Von D, Illamasqua, Inglot, and of course, Sugarpill. I was OBSESSED with these brands' campaigns because they've shown me that makeup can both be pretty AND grungy and boy do I love me some grunge (I never grew out of my emo-punk rock phase, what can I say). I also like how these brands aren't afraid to do unconventional looks and campaigns and also offer products that go beyond the nudes, pinks, and reds.

I've never tried any Sugarpill products (it's admittedly hard to get them here in the PH and no, I don't wanna bother with shipping and taxes and shit) but I still like checking out their campaigns and products from time to time. So while I was scrolling through my IG feed, a Sugarpill photo popped up, specifically this one:



That was a lip look using Sugarpill's Liquid Lip Color in Clockwork, described as a soft neutral coral with sparkling metallic finish. It's a really gorgeous color but more than that, it reminded me of a pigment eyeshadow I've had for years. Since I can't have this Sugarpill product, well, I might as well recreate it with the products I already have.

The pigment that reminded me of Clockwork is the NYX eyeshadow pigment in Princess. Princess is a light pink shadow with a yellow/golden shimmer. It's a little lighter than Clockwork but the tone is kind of identical.


First off, I applied my base. I initially started with a white base but when I applied Princess on top, it looked very pale and cool which was the opposite of Clockwork so I went with a combo of two lippies: Colourpop's Belle and Angel City.

Next is the fun part: combining a gloss with the shadow pigment! In my small palette, I put a small amount of Detail Cosmetics' Jelly Lips with a bit of Princess. I just pretty much eyeballed this part: I added more shadow or gloss, depending on what I needed, until I got the end result I wanted. Then using a lip brush, I applied that on top, creating this very shimmery, very glossy coat. And that's pretty much it! 


And that's my version of Clockwork! I know, I KNOW: my base is more pink than coral (it's hard to DIY a coral lip okay) and it's more glossy than shimmery- that's why this look is just inspired by the look, not a copycat. Bottomline is, I just wanted to bust out Princess and incorporate it in a look so there you go haha! 

Thanks for the inspo, Sugarpill!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Free from Herpes just in 2 weeks

    The best herbal remedy

    You can contact him

    r.buckler11 {{@gmail}} com,, .................

    ReplyDelete