Polish Purge

by - Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Time to do a little declutter.

I've been watching a lot of beauty purge videos on YouTube lately and it inspired me to do a little clearout on my own stuff. After all, it's the new year and it's the best time to remove all things old and/or unused. Plus, it's so satisfying to see your things organized, even if just for a day.

My nail polish collection is rather growing so I decided to do a little cleaning in my stash. I've acquired lots of polishes over the years, and let's face it, some polishes must go. Here are the ones that I've decided to let go...permanently.

China Glaze "Go Crazy Red" & "Knotty"
-Go Crazy Red needs to go because it's so darn gloopy and crackly already. When my trusty polish thinner can't save a polish, I know that's the end of it. As for Knotty, I don't even know why I still have it.. I hate using it because it's so uneven and so darn hard to remove because of all the glitters! Ugh, I won't even pass this on to someone else tbh.

-I'm letting go of this mainly because I don't use it anymore. I have blue polishes that are better in terms of formula, texture, finish, and longevity. It's a nice polish but not really worth keeping.

-Ahh, this I'm sad to let go. This polish fueled my undying love for dark polishes so I'm kind of bummed to throw it out due to old age and gloopiness. My NARS Sharplines Right is that closest dupe I have in my stash but Flirt, my love, you're one of a kind. You'll be missed big time.

OPI "He's My Boo"
-This polish is part of OPI's Spookettes collection back in 2011 so this one's pretty old. In fact, it's so old I can't open it anymore haha!
-Letting go of Go Bold! because I find it too glittery. This one can still be passed on so I think I might do that. As for Gorgeous Bling Bling, the polish is deteriorating, making it a struggle to use. Pity because it's my mom's fave pedi polish, haha!

-Loved using this when it was still new but now it's thick and tends to bubble up- total mani killer! 

Random Nail Stickers
-These are old, like 7 or 8 years old? Don't even know why I still have these when I should have thrown it out years ago haha!

***

Ahh my stash has more room for new ones now yay! I know this isn't really a massive clearout but hey, it's a start! Well, for me at least. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments