Using Spoolies

by - Friday, February 26, 2016

They're A+.

Spoolie brushes are basically mascara wands minus the product with added handle height. I pretty much use it on the the hairs on my face, namely my brows and lashes. And believe me when I tell you that spoolies are very handy especially if you have bushy brows and stubborn lashes.


BROWS
~Use a spoolie for dispersing product, whether it be powder or cream. I love using spoolies because they do it gently. They pick up excess product so you're left with just the right amount on your brows. Spoolies also distribute product quickly so you can just apply product on the center area of the brows then brush with a spoolie for that au naturel, daytime appropriate brows.

~I also like using a spoolie to either tame my brow hairs or raise them. After applying brow gel, I like using a clean spoolie to comb my brows. This way, I don't overload on product, resulting in patchiness or crispy arches.

~I rarely trim my brows but when I do, a spoolie comes in handy. It grips the strands in place which makes trimming easier than ever. Spoolies come in a straight vertical shape so I just make sure to bend the brush head on one side so I can reach into the arch area easily.

~Whenever I do weird looks and I like to color the brows, I use a spoolie where I load up the product. Basically, I rub a pencil on the spoolie brush, make sure it's really coated and loaded with product, then I brush it on my brows. It gives me excellent payoff and the product goes exactly where I want it to. 


LASHES
~Remove excess mascara with a spoolie. We've all had  days where we've put extra coats of mascara. The easiest way to lessen it is with a spoolie because it doesn't really disturb the curl. Oh, it's also great for lower lashes too!

~As you remove excess mascara, spoolies also help in separating the lashes. Don't ever try separating lashes with a brush straight out of a mascara tube; it'll be a disaster. What I like to do is apply mascara then comb through my lashes with a spoolie. Works like a charm every time.

~No colored mascara? No problem. Just take a spoolie and load it up with a creamy product like a pencil or gel. Instant colored mascara! It's not volumizing or lengthening or curling but at least you'll have colored lashes. Yay!

You May Also Like

0 comments