The Blogging Notebooks

by - Wednesday, February 17, 2016


Three's a fun crowd, eh?

I'm one of those people who like scribbling down anything. I guess because of technology nowadays it's more typing than writing now so I "miss" actually writing with actual pen and paper. Blogging, for instance, requires a whole lotta typing. Planning your posts, well, that goes two ways. Some are very attached to their phones and tablets so that's where they'll stash everything blog-related like ideas, recipes to share, details of OOTDs/ FOTDs, schedule, etc. etc. The other option is the traditional way that involves notebooks, journals, notepads, and the likes. Literally scribbling down your plans and thoughts. And personally, this method is the one I prefer, the one the makes me really excited.

You might think it's a little silly that I actually have notebooks for blogging. Well, blogging isn't easy, lemme just put it out there. It can be confusing, frustrating, and sometimes headache-inducing. Having these three notebooks keep me on track whether it's for posts or schedules. It's my trio of blogging organization, if you will.


These are the notebooks. I got them all in Muji Singapore (the 313@Somerset branch) and seriously, it's the best place to get your notebook fix. The notebooks aren't cutesy and colorful but the quality of the paper is top notch. It's also cool that they have a stamping area where you can decorate the notebooks you purchased with different patterns, shapes, and words. Haven't tried it yet but it looks fun!


Blogging notebook #1 is Muji's B5 Notepad or as I'd like to call it, the "Thought Pad". It's where I basically write down all ideas I can write on the blog. Ideas come in the most random places and time so I make sure to jot it all down before I forget it. This pad gives me freedom to just write and get it all off my brain and not worry if I'm writing out of the lines. It's the perfect size too so I can write down anything but I keep three ideas per page to avoid messiness.


Next is the A5 7mm Note or the "Catalogue". I've accumulated products over the years and it can be quite confusing whether I've already featured it on the blog or not so I write each product down so I know what I have without rummaging through my stash. Every time I feature a product, I look for it on the list and cross it out. I also made a Legend list to make everything easier. As you can see, I divided that notebook to two parts, one for beauty products and one for nails, just to keep everything clean and easy to find. Also, whenever I purchase new products, I put the month and year of purchase so I know which ones are new and which ones I need to review asap.


Third notebook is my favorite, the A5 Schedule Note, or the "Scheduler". I enjoyed my 2015 Muji planner but I decided not to get it this year because I find it expensive (S$8!) and I found this one a better and cheaper alternative. Basically, you have the freedom to write any dates you want (wee, more scribbling!). So if you just need this week's or the second week of next month, you can just write down the month and dates of that week. I wanted it more of a planner type so I've already jotted the days up until September. I use this to keep track of what I've published that day and also what life things I did on that day. I got that idea from my dad as he writes down activities on a weekly basis. 


And that's pretty much how I get organized, at least blogging-wise. At first I wasn't sure whether I should really do this or not but two of my fave bloggers, Lily and Anna, do the same thing so why the hell not? And oh, if you're planning to do something like this, Lily has some blog posts that might help you like her bullet journal post and just being organized in general, while Anna has a tip and tricks vid on how to stay organized. Happy scribbling!

You May Also Like

0 comments