My Brush of Choice for Nailing The Cat Eye

by - Monday, February 22, 2016

Y'all have to buy this asap.

Right. I think it's safe to say that about 80% of the female population is pretty much into the cat eye/ winged liner look. It's a classic, really, and it's something that goes well with pretty much any makeup look you're going for. It's achievable with any kind of liner, whether it be pencil, liquid, gel, or even eyeshadow. However, a little warning: this can be difficult to nail. Materials needed are the following: eyeliner of choice, patience, concentration, a little prayer, and a whole lot of silence.

So let's go back to the liner of choice. I'm a gel liner gal through and through. That's the product I'm most comfortable using for lining the eyes. Of course, a gel eye liner should always have its partner: the liner brush. An angled liner brush is the one I prefer the most because it gives me control and precision, plus it's so easy to do the "flick" with it. I've tried several angled brushes but you know what, I finally found the "one" and it's pretty awesome.


My brush of choice is the EcoTools Angled Eyeliner Brush. Let me break down the specs: the bristles are synthetic taklon, the ferrule (the metal bit, icydk) is recycled aluminum, and the handle is bamboo. So all in all, this brush is 100% cruelty-free and is pretty much eco-friendly. Oh, and the pouch it came in? Totally reusable. In fact, it has been my MAC 266's home for about two years now. :P

Where should I start? Well first off, I love it. Although it's synthetic, the bristles aren't too stiff and prickly. I like that the brush holds cream products pretty well and it's firm enough to hold its shape, not like the ones I tried before that bunches up to one side when it's overloaded with product. The brush also has the perfect size, not too wide, not too small so I can pretty much do a subtle wing with ease then work it from there if needed. Lastly, again because it's synthetic, it's really easy to clean and it dries faster that most of my brushes.


This doesn't take too much space so I can pretty much chuck it in any pouch or makeup belt I have and call it a day. This brush works with any cream products so you're not just limited to gel liners. I don't really recommend using this for brows but if you want to experiment, go for it. If you're using brow pomades though, you may want to take it easy on the product and make sure to remove some on the back of your hand. 

The EcoTools brand isn't too hard to find here in the PH so do yourself a favor and try this brush, especially if you like using gel liners. You won't regret it, I swear. (This post is totally not sponsored btw. I'm just a huge fan of this brush because it friggin works.)

You May Also Like

0 comments