Currently Loving: Benefit Cosmetics It's Potent! Eye Cream

by - Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Me likey so much.

If you've seen this post, then you'd know how eager I am to try this certain product. If it combats a certain a face problem that I have (read: dark. circles.), then I'm all in. Heavens know how much I need this badly in my life.

It's Potent! Eye Cream is one of Benefit's skincare products for the eye area. It's specifically for undereye darkness, something most of us have. Except for Jeffree Star because that bitch is flawless.

Benefit says,

"Your eyes can't keep a secret...they're the first to show signs of age & stress. it's potent! eye cream fades dark circles & helps smooth fine lines for brighter, younger-looking eyes. Contains a peptide complex known to help restore elasticity & firmness, a blend of hydrating botanical extracts and loquat extract, known to help protect the skin from free radical damage.

  • Moisturizing
  • Pairs perfectly with concealer
  • Great for daily use"


I have the 3g bottle which seems small at first but honestly, it's the perfect trial size. This bottle can last you for around 2-3 months because a little product goes a long way. I admit I wasn't able to use this product regularly back in late December and early January but once I did, I started to really appreciate it.

What I like about this cream is that it's such a fuss-free product. It spreads easily, which is why you don't need a lot of it, and it gets absorbed immediately. The product doesn't just sit on top of your eye area and it doesn't take long to dry either. A little tap, tap, tap and you're good to go. I now use it twice a day and I feel like it's made a difference. Thanks to this product, my undereye feels so smooth and product ready. So yes, I agree- this product pairs perfectly with concealer because It's Potent! creates a smooth, even canvas for anything you put on top of it. Now that I use it every morning, the tapping motion helps me reduce undereye puffiness caused by fluid retention when I sleep. I didn't really notice it until I felt it, like the area receded. Not much that it looks freaky but enough to make me realize such change. It's awesome, guys, it's awesome.

As for the dark circle fading effect, I'd say it's there. The fading doesn't really kick in asap. It takes a while for it to work. I've been using this regularly for a month now and I'm only seeing a faint fade just now. It's not the best thing to use if you want the darkness gone by a couple of days, to be honest. 

One beef I have with this is the packaging. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely vanity table display; it's just that I'm iffy when it comes to getting the product. I don't like dipping my fingers in which is why I use a spatula. I wish the bottle came with its own spatula or better yet came in other containers like a pump bottle or a roller ball. It would be cool to see it on a pen-type container too!

Overall, I'm pleased with It's Potent! I like how it makes my undereye area feel so smooth and prepped. I like how it slowly deals with my dark circles and I like that I'm not allergic to it because that would honestly suck. It's not wasteful too so you get to use it for quite a long time. I've always wondered why the full bottle of It's Potent! is quite pricey and after trying it, I now fully know why. Thanks for this wonderful product, Benefit!


You May Also Like

1 comments


  1. Thanks for the usefull information. I am aware about the health benefits of Derma Joie

    Cream as I recently came across the aminogenesis eye control reviews which helps me in fighting anti-aging

    signs.

    ReplyDelete