El Cheapo Lippie: Aido Cosmetics Regular Lipstick #9

by - Friday, February 12, 2016

Oh hey, I'm wearing a new lippie!

For the last couple of years, I only have 2 lippies on rotation for everyday use: essence Natural Beauty and Burberry English Rose. I like using these two because they're fuss-free, they feel good on the lips, and they pretty much go with everything I wear. That said, I want to add a new tube to the mix just to add a minute variety.

Last month, I purchased two lipsticks from the Aido counter and I decided to break out lippie 9. 9 is a very wearable shade, something that can be added to the MLBB color wheel. This one, however, has a little warmth to it, as I'm seeing some orange/rust to the color. Tell me I'm wrong but I think the shade's not a proper pink but also not a proper coral. I think 9 is somewhere in between. On me, the orange tone adds warmth, making the pink shade a bit muted. The lippie also has some shine but don't worry, it's not because of glitter.


I like that it glides smoothly on the lips. It's far from the creaminess of my Burberry lippie, but it's decent enough for something that's cheap. It's a little drying, though, which I find weird because this isn't a matte lipstick. Also, I've experienced subtle pooling on the lip lines. Nothing too obvious but I think this is a warning that it will cling on to dry, chapped lips so be sure to load up on lip balm before using this. Lastly, this isn't a longwearing product so it will come off quickly. Lip liner + blotting + reapplying will make it last a longer but it won't last for more than 4 or 5 hours. Oh, and I'd say coverage is a medium. It's not sheer that it looks like a tinted lip balm but it's also not opaque that it hides my natural lip shade.


Overall, it's a good buy. Not the best but not the worst I've tried either. Color's good, formula has its pros and cons, price is wallet-friendly. One thing I really like is the scent though. It smells like freaking fruit roll-ups! If you like sweet, candy-like scents, you'll love this. 25php for a 4g tube with a fruit roll-up scent? WHY NOT.

You May Also Like

0 comments