No Idea What This Blender Is Called, but I Love It

by - Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sponge talk!

When I went to makeup school, our primary tool for applying foundation and cream products is a beauty sponge. I've no idea if the one we used was a legit Beauty Blender or not (it cost around 1200php so it might as well be) but ever since, I was more accustomed to sponges. I feel insecure and unsure whenever I have to use a brush instead of a sponge. But as they say, nothing lasts forever so at some point I had to throw that sponge away as it was already crumbling away. And because I'm a cheapskate, I looked for a cheaper alternative because lezz be honest, I ain't spending ₱₱₱ if there's something better out there.

My search led me to Suesh sponges and ever since I bought a replacement, I've never looked back. Suesh sponges are actually really good, even better than the one I used in makeup school. They're a bit firmer, so you can really work that product onto the skin without fear of tearing the sponge. I absolutely friggin love it. I have two that I use for clients and if you're curious, they look something like this except in purple and orange.

Dunno what took me a long time to do it but I finally bought one last year for personal use. I pretty much suck doing my base with a paddle foundation brush so I thought, maybe I should buy a sponge to get this shit sorted out. But instead of the usual, I went for a different design.

So this is the sponge I got for myself. It still has the hourglass shape but the top and bottom parts are different. Unlike the other one that looks like a baby bottle or a pacifier, this sponge has an angled top and a flat bottom. Those features are what made me buy this as I want to compare this to the ones I already have.
The top looks something like this. The head's top half is flat and angled and I primarily use it for applying and blending out creams. I use the other side, the curved side at the back of the angle, to blend out product on smaller areas like the undereye, sides of the nose, bridge of the nose, and pretty much anything that needs to be blended out. 
 The bottom half is just a big ball with a flat bottom. I switch to this half to blend more, especially when the top half is already full of product. The bottom half I just use for stability so that the sponge won't roll everywhere when I put it upright.

Overall, this sponge is as good as the ones I already have. Sure they have different shapes but the quality is the same: firm to blend out products but soft enough that it won't feel like you're working with a rock. I think this sponge is better at reaching corners than the other shape though. My only issue with this sponge is the curve/"waistline". This sponge has a curvier one and it feels really prone to tearing if you don't handle it with extra care. Other than that, I'm happy with it. Cleaning's the same, drying time's the same, and I think the price is more or less the same as well. Here's to an easier base application!

You May Also Like

0 comments