Nail of the Week: Daiso Fashion Nail Seal #249

by - Monday, February 15, 2016

What I had on my nails yesterday.

Since yesterday was Valentine's Day, I felt the need to have something on my nails. I wasn't in the mood for nail polishes because drying time's a bit of a hassle so I opted for something that doesn't require one: nail stickers. And since I purchased two last month, I decided to try one from Daiso.

249 is a mix of designs but I'm getting an Alice in Wonderland-ish vibe from it. You can see hearts, a spade, a club, polka dots, gold glitter accents here and there, some block designs, and some negative spaces. I generally like nail stickers with negative spaces as these add dimension to the overall effect. The nail stickers have two edges, a curved end and a squoval end, a common denominator for nail stickers.

The stickers are surprisingly thicker than the ones I tried before which I really like because this means thaey won't get torn easily. I had to move the stickers to get it in the right position and they help up pretty well. I also had no issues during filing.


However, I feel like this particular set is better for those who have quite long nails. My nails are short at the moment so I didn't have the full design on most of my nails. The ones with tips were a bit of a challenge because obviously with short nails you really can't have both the tip and the design on. I just felt like some of the designs look awkward because it's either cut at the free edge or sitting on an awkward spot. So if you have short nails like I do, you might have to do so cutting to get the design right.

I applied these on a Saturday afternoon (2/13) and I still have them on today. Unfortunately, these aren't longlasting, even when sealed with a top coat. These get chipped easily, specially when there are some portions on the free edge that just won't stick. I'll give these three, four days tops. But hey, at least they made my hands look fancy for V Day! #fancynailsoverdates


You May Also Like

0 comments