HD Class Day Seven

by - Wednesday, June 22, 2011

  The day before graduation. For today, Sir Jeave and Ms. Stef taught us two things: how to market ourselves as makeup artists and bridal makeup.
  Originally, we discussed the makeup business first but in this post, I'll put the bridal makeup first. The demo was shorter than usual since bridal makeup is the easiest. The shadows used are normally browns, from light to dark brown. Black shadows shouldn't be used for bridal makeup since it may look harsh and strong. The lips shouldn't be too light since it may not show up in photos. 

Before:
After:

 My model's before:

After:

  As far as I remember, I used around 4 shadows on the lid. The lid color is a shimmery white shadow from the Nyx 101 palette. For my midtone, I used Naked from Urban Decay's Naked Palette. I used Buck as my contour shade. Ms. Stef told me that Naked isn't visible so she suggested to try Half Baked. For the lips, it's a combination of a lipstick and a lip tar. I applied The Body Shop's lipstick in 04 (seen here) first then on top I used a thin layer of a red OCC lip tar.

  We learned how to survive as a makeup artist. How to make ourselves known to clients. What we should do if we get into troubles. We learned the basic rates of makeup services. It's not going to be easy but that doesn't mean we have to give up and walk away.

  Next blog post will be the last day of our classes. Stay tuned! x


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. try half baked on the lower lid, buck as contour, smog on the outer V, highlight is something near MAC's rice paper. for the pink version on cooler tones, try sin on the lower lid, buck or toasted on contour, hustle on outer V, virgin as highlight.

    for some odd reason, the falsies look too... false. mukhang baby doll. :)) try something more natural.

    not bad for a first bride! :)

    ReplyDelete