HD Class Day Six

by - Tuesday, June 21, 2011

  Our topic today was avant garde. After a brief discussion, Sir Jeave and Ms. Stef did the demo. We also had a chance to practice the look we wanted for our photoshoot on Thursday.



  Two makeup artists, two styles. Ms. Stef's style has darker colors and all she used were the blender and makeup brushes. Sir Jeave's side has more bright colors, and he did a bit of airbrush work. Also, they taught us a little trick on how to conceal the brows by not bleaching. First, use a beauty soap (make sure an edge of the soap is wet) and dab it on the brows to flatten the hairs. Once the hairs are flat, you can now apply concealer and build it up from there. Don't forget to set it with powder. And tada! Concealed brows. :)


Before:

Our teachers in action:

After (Left eye by Ms. Stef, Right eye by Sir Jeave):
Ms. Stef's (In case you're wondering, she did the lips too!):
Sir Jeave's:

  I decided to practice the look I'm planning to do for Thursday: porcelain doll. It seemed easy, but I had a hard time doing it! It required a lot of blending, concealing, and retouching. At the end, I didn't get what I wanted, but hey, at least I tried! 

Before:

After:

  Honestly, I found the first funny so funny! It looked like my model had an allergy or something. The white foundation I used got blotchy and at the end it didn't look nice. I attempted to do a doll lip, but it was so hard to do! I also applied a rounded blush, also known as a doll blush. The only thing that made me happy was my eye work. It kind of reminded me of Catwoman.

  And there you have it, my fail porcelain doll look. One ultimate lesson I learned today: the porcelain doll look doesn't really work with everyone. It's more appropriate for fair skinned people, not for tanned ones. Guess I just have to do a different look for Thursday. :)


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. may I challenge you to do an absinthe fairy? ;)

    http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5211723

    you do realize you have a crazy sister who will push you to the edge, right? :D

    ReplyDelete