Nail of the Week: NYX Girls Nail Polish in Sexy Plum

by - Friday, August 26, 2016


A pretty polish that's fall appropriate.


On most parts of the Western hemisphere, summer is ending soon; in this part of the globe, the typhoon season's almost over; on both hemispheres, the Ber months are soon approaching. Ber months = chilly months. Autumn's around the corner, well at least for those countries who experience it, so I thought I should feature something that will fit just right for that season. Besides, I haven't sported dark polish on my nails for a really really long time. :P


Here I have Sexy Plum, part of the NYX Girls line. Sexy Plum is a shimmery polish but it's one that isn't textured or gritty. The shimmers are actually very fine and are mixed in with the polish base so in a way, it becomes just one whole entity. But let's start with the base polish first. The base polish is actually a brown-black shade that's quite sheer in terms of opacity. At first I though it was just a sheer black but I noticed the brown tone in it and trust me, I've tried it on my nails and on paper just to prove if I've seen it right. The shimmers are in a deep red color and it really stands out against the brown-black base. 

As a whole, the polish looks really dark but it doesn't really look like a proper black polish. Even in low light, you can see some of the red peeking through as well as the brown-ish color of it. In direct light, the red/plummy shade is very prominent. Check out my third photo above; I took that photo with flash and you can really see the red shimmers and all.

Application-wise, it has a formula that's quite similar to NARS, only this one is a tiny bit thicker. It's thinner than Three Beauties but thicker than NARS. The brush is a thin one, like both brands, and has a metal ball inside which I truly appreciate because it makes shaking easier and faster. The polish went on really easily and it has the right amount of creaminess too. It's definitely not too liquidy so it's very easy to apply. I'm also pleased to tell you that drying time is quite impressive. I mean, it doesn't say if it's quick dry or not but I really appreciate its quick drying time. So far it hasn't chipped on me yet so so far, it's a win in my books.

This is actually my first polish from NYX and I'm quite pleased with it. This shade will look really good in the chilly months or autumn season, depending on where you are. The shades in the NYX Girls line is a mix of colorful and dark, creme and glittery, so I'm sure there's a shade for everyone in there. Can't wait to get more polishes in this collection!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Really Good tips and advises you have just shared. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a piece of nice information. Looking forward for more views and ideas, Keep up the good work!

    Nyx Nail Polish

    ReplyDelete