Quick Post: My Small Box for Small Tools

by - Friday, August 19, 2016


Smol tools in a smol house.


Just to want to share really quickly to you guys my storage for my small tools. For the longest time, I have been storing my lash curler, tweezers, scissors, and sharpeners in my eyepencil bag. So as you can imagine, they're pretty much everywhere, like at the bottom of the bag or tangled with pencils or other things. It even came to a point that my scissors almost broke because of how it was positioned inside the pouch, and don't even get started with the number of sharpeners I've lost these last few years. Because of the hassle I always encounter, my organizing side kicked in. I needed to get a container for these tools and keep them separated from the others a.s.a.p.


So after browsing here and there, I finally purchased a small container for my tools back in March! I don't know what this container is called exactly but it's from New Look and basically, they come in different styles, colors, and sizes. I got this pink container with 5 divisions: 1 column, 2 horizontal slots, and 2 small square slots. This was just perfect because I could store big bits and small bits and the fact that the container isn't deep prevents me from overloading it with unnecessary things. It also closes securely and doesn't feel too flimsy.


So here's what the inside looks like. On the big column, I have my Tweezerman tweezers, Shu Uemura lash curler, and a pocket mirror. On the first horizontal slot, I have my scissors. Below that is currently where a small Chanel brush is but it's pretty much a free slot. I don't really put my tweezers in here because the Tweezerman pair is pretty long and it's more relaxed when stored in the big column compartment. On the two square slots, I store my sharpeners but as you can see, I only have one so the other slot is another free slot. 

This box isn't really for makeup per se. That's the beauty of it, I think. It's a neutral storage box and what you store is really up to you. You can use this as a sewing kit, a first aid kit, box for scrapbooking, really it's endless. If this type of division isn't really working for you, there are other styles, too. One great things about this New Look box is that it's pretty much everywhere, at least here in the Philippines. I got mine from houseware section of the department store but these are also available in supermarkets. Bonus: they're priced just below 50php.

Pretty much happy with how it just stores my tools and so far, I haven't lost or misplaced anything. It's sure made me more organized: I now return everything back inside instead of leaving them everywhere! Such a life changer lol. Hmm, wonder what else I can fit inside?...

You May Also Like

0 comments