Berry Bright: L'Oreal Color Riche Lip Color in R512 Berry Allure

by - Wednesday, August 24, 2016


Oh it's a pop of color alright.


There was a point in my life where I was just addicted to vampy lippies. I love looking at them, love wearing them for looks, wearing them for fun when I'm at home but to be honest, I never really wore one out. I guess it's partly because they take time to apply, time I don't have because I'm always rushing out the door) and because I am so shy to wear such dark attention-grabbing colors. Don't worry, I still love them still but from that obsession, I've switched to a lighter one: pinks and browns.

For pink lippies, I like those that can be considered nude. Light to medium pinks are my faves and I never really dabbled with hot and bright pinks because they take time to apply too (can you tell I'm a bit OC when it comes to perfecting a sculpted lip that I need an hour to get those lines right? Haha!). But I'm making an exception today because it's always a good idea to test out something that's new and out of my comfort zone.


Here I have Berry Allure and it is a gorgeous color. It really isn't the type of berry shade that's purplish and dark but it's more on the red/pink side of the berry family. You can see a hint of the purple/berry undertone there as that makes this not a true pink shade. When I first swatched it, I thought it was a red-pink shade but alas, I was wrong. This is more of a deep pink shade with a tiny hint of red in it and of course the purple tone as well. The closest color I can compare it to is Raspberry (#E30B5C).

L'Oreal specified that Berry Allure has a Pearly finish. At first, I thought it was because it looks very glossy and shiny but apparently, it's all because of the shimmers in this lipstick. Yes, it has shimmers in it. Not just on the outside but the shimmers are legit in the product. The shimmers aren't noticeable really but you can absolutely feel their presence once you rub your lips together. Every time I feel that, I can feel the grittiness of these shimmers and lemme tell you, it doesn't feel good at all. Such a pity because I find this color really gorgeous! They should've skipped the glitters and should've made BA a creme or semi-matte instead. The glossy feature is enough to make the lipstick shine, I mean can you see that shine on my lips on the photos above? It looks like I applied gloss, yes?

 Told you there were glitters!

Other than the iffy feel of glitters when I rub my lips, Berry Allure feel comfortable on the lips. It doesn't feel too runny or too glossy but it doesn't feel too heavy and drying either. It actually feels hydrating and opacity of this lipstick is amazeballs. I mean, it's not as heavily pigmented as liquid lipsticks but it's actually really good for a tube lipstick. BA glided on the lips smoothly and applied evenly and I didn't experience any skipping or patchiness on my lips. 

As it's a really creamy product, it will transfer on anything any chance it gets. It doesn't really dry down so expect it to move, feather, bleed, smudge, and the likes. I recommend lining the lips first to avoid feathering and to help the product stick better on the lips. The lipstick will still move and all but at least it will feel a bit more solid on the lips and will last a bit longer on too. But I have to give it to this lipstick, though; it leaves a stain so even if it gets smudged, you'll still be left with a stain on your lips.

Personally, as much as I love the shade, I don't know if it goes well with my skintone. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not used to wearing such a bright shade but I think BA looks off on me. I don't know, what do you guys think?  I feel like it will look better on lighter skintones but that's just me. Overall, I like L'Oreal's formula on this one and they did absolutely good in pigmentation. The glitters are definitely a con in this one so if you get irked by the feel of glitters, you might want to skip this one.

You May Also Like

0 comments