EOTD: In an Hour or Two

by - Monday, August 29, 2016


Peek-a-blue!


Taking today's look a notch back because I've been posting a lot of avant garde-ish makeup lately. Not that I'm getting sick of doing them but I just thought to shake things up a bit. After all, makeup should be both ways: conventional and unconventional. 


Look for today is an ode to some of the past looks I've done before: neutral eye, winged liner, and some pop of color. I'm actually quite happy with how this look turned out; really glad I added a pop of color to a rather boring neutral eye look.

As usual, I primed my eyes and set it with a flesh-toned shadow, you guessed it, Freeestyle. I then worked on the crease. I wanted something that's both warm and cool so I used two browns: Cosmoprof Brown for a warm tinge and Faint for a dimension and coolness. I applied Cosmoprof Brown first to warm up the crease then Faint to deepen it. I also applied Faint to the outer thirds of the lid just so this look won't end up like a cut crease or something. I wanted a dark color on the lid to balance out the lighter color on the remaining parts.  After blending and all that, I went on to work on the bare part of my lid. I chose Walk of Shame, a light shadow with a pink undertone. I went with this instead of a flat out matte white because I didn't like the harsh stark appearance white gives. I figured a little shimmer don't hurt nobody so I applied Pink Shimmer on top of Walk of Shame, as well as in the inner corner. 

For the liner, I went on and drew it first. I made sure my liner was good and settled before doing other things to it. Once my liner was done, I applied Blacksmith on top of the liner. Blacksmith has shimmer on it so I made sure to pat this shadow instead of dragging it to get the most glitter payoff. You can stop here but I really wanted color because I felt that this look was too monotonous, so I applied Speed Blue on the liner but only in the middle. This is a nice way to incorporate some color to your eye makeup without going full out. It just lifts the look and makes it more interesting and different. Love love love it!

Apply mascara, falsies, more highlight, the works. I actually applied some shadow on my lower lashline but honestly, you don't need to anymore. I just felt like the eye was too top heavy but seriously, it was better if I kept the lower lashline bare. Oh well. I used Naked 2, in case you were wondering.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. This look is definitely wearable and quite easy to replicate so anyone can do it. You can definitely choose your own pop of color here. You can go with gold or silver or a medium green, go crazy with it. I don't recommend using frosty light shadows, though, so there's that. Have fun! x


PRODUCTS USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (lid)
Cosmoprof shadow in Brown (crease)
Urban Decay shadow in Faint (crease; outer thirds of lid)
Urban Decay shadow in Walk of Shame (lid)
The Body Shop shadow in Pink Shimmer (on top of WOS)
Maybelline Gel Liner in Black
Kat Von D shadow in Blacksmith (on top of liner)
Kat Von D shadow in Speed Blue (center of liner)
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara
Urban Decay shadow in Naked 2 (lower lashline) (OPTIONAL)

You May Also Like

0 comments