Milk Tint Mondays with GRWM Cosmetics Multi-use Creamy Tint in Okinawa

by - Monday, May 23, 2022

 


Population: 1,457,162

(Click here for 100% Sugar, Cheesecake, and Wintermelon)


I have two more Milk Tint Mondays and both of them are reds. 

If you've seen my last week's post, Wintermelon, then you would've seen that I described today's milk tint shade as 100% Sugar's almost twin. I said that because when I was checking out the Milk Tints before, I really thought that the two are just the same shade, one's just lighter and the other's darker. Turns out, obvs, they're not. They're both reds, yes, but they're quite different in tone. 


Okinawa is described as a warm brick red. Compared to 100% Sugar, Okinawa has a more pronounced red tone. 100% Sugar is more of a muted pink + red while Okinawa is a red + brown with a hint of orange. 


On my lips, I can see its orange tones coming through and while I'm not a big fan of red-orange lippies, this one's not so bad. I think the addition of a brown undertone helps Okinawa to be more wearable. Plus, it helps that Okinawa isn't too deep of a color, making it a daytime-friendly lippie. In terms of pigmentation, I find that Okinawa has more of a medium opacity. Pretty easy to buildup but you'll need at least 2-3 layers for an even opaque layer.


On my eyes, I don't know why but Okinawa reminds me so much of Colourette's Ginger! I'm telling you, it's the orange tones! Again, since Okinawa has a medium opacity, it took me a couple of layers to build the color up. For the eyes, that's good news since it gives you control on how little or how much you want it to be. If 100% Sugar gives me goth punk, Okinawa gives me wearable warm reddish apricot eyes.


Surprisingly, I love Okinawa most on my cheeks. It's the perfect blend of red and peach and I absolutely love it! I like that Okinawa is so easy to blend and layer, especially on the cheeks. I see myself wearing this for everyday, just like Cheesecake and my ever favorite Colourtint, Ocean.


Here's Okinawa on my eyes, cheeks, and lips. Definitely loving it on my eyes and cheeks!


If you're torn between Okinawa and 100% Sugar, lemme help you. If you love a darker red, go for 100% Sugar but if you want a lighter, more daytime red, choose Okinawa. Either way, both are pretty shades!


Next week's our last Milk Tint Monday and I saved the reddest for last: Mixed Berries!

You May Also Like

0 comments