#TakeTheTint With Colourette Mini Colourtint in Ginger

by - Wednesday, May 04, 2022

 

G for Ginger.

Last month, I featured Olive, my other go-to everyday shade aside from Ocean. Today's Mini Colourtint is less on the brown side and more on the orange side.

This is Ginger, described as an orange terracotta. I had a hard time choosing between Ginger and Zola since both are terracottas. I ultimately settled on Ginger but since Zola was also on sale, I thought I'd just get both and be done with it haha! To be honest, Ginger and Zola can look quite similar but when you swatch them side by side, they're pretty much easy to tell apart. Zola is brighter in tone and leans more salmon terracotta (like pinky orange) while Ginger is more muted and has a stronger orange tone. 


This is Ginger on the lips. Just like the other lip swatches, I applied the tint with a lip brush. I'd say Ginger offers a light to medium coverage so I definitely had to layer it for it to show up more against my pigmented lips. Orange-y toned lippies aren't my jam so I think I prefer Zola on the lips over Ginger. 


Ginger on the lids aren't bad at all! It's very summery and would look great with a bit of shimmer on top. This would also look great as a base for a semi-grungy eye look, thanks to its rust tone. I'd probably use a dark brown shadow (kinda like Urban Decay's Backdoor) on the crease and lower lashline and smoke it out, then use Ginger as a pop of color on the lids, then tightline. Tada, instant smoky grungy look!


Ginger was very easy to work with on the cheeks. I was able to layer it with ease without worrying whether it'll look too bright. For some reason, it looks a bit pinkish on me? A bit pink but still more toned down than Zola. 


I don't know why but I feel like Ginger's the calmer older sister while Zola's the fun younger one- kinda like me and my sister haha! Both are very pretty colors and will just depend on which one's more of your vibe, you know? I see myself using Ginger from time to time for a muted everyday look while I'll reach out for Zola if I'm feeling a brighter look. On my lips, I prefer Zola while I think Ginger's easier on the cheeks. Overall, it's a tie for me and well, my way of saying: GET BOTH!


Two down, one to go!

You May Also Like

0 comments