The Bomb Balm : Mondaze Cosmetics ProLip

by - Wednesday, May 25, 2022


Really puts the "pro" in ProLip.

In case you didn't know, I'm on a semi-no makeup buy mode. Semi because there are items in my stash that needs to be replaced and those items are pretty much the only things I'm allowing myself to buy for now. Some of those items include: mascara, lip balm, lip pencils (okay, these ones are 50% need-50% want), and eyelash curler (also a 50-50). 

I was able to buy two items in my list from Mondaze Cosmetics, a brand that's been on my radar for a while now. Today I'll be featuring one of them! I have been using Detail Cosmetics' Jelly Lips as a lip gloss and overall lip care for these past couple of months and sadly, there's only about 1/4 of it left. I need a new lip product that I can use solely as a lip balm/therapy so I can slow down the Jelly Lips' demise. So that's exactly what I got from Mondaze: one of their bestsellers, ProLip!


ProLip is a 100% natural lip balm made with only six ingredients: beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E,  and peppermint extract. This product is paraben and cruelty free, has no preservatives, and is safe to use for pregnant women. 

Because of its very nourishing ingredients, ProLip can be used to soothe and prevent dry and chapped lips. It can also be used as a lip mask and a lip primer for a smoother lippie application. The peppermint extract, which is meant to also have a relaxing effect, has a menthol-like cool on the lips but it does go away after a while. (PS. I just wanna be clear that the peppermint only gives a cooling effect to the lips. It doesn't sting and it definitely doesn't plump up the lips.)


The ProLip comes in your traditional lip balm tube ala Chapstick, making it very convenient to lug around. The product itself is a white/yellow-white balm.


I really thought that ProLip will be just like your ordinary lip balm but I have to say, its texture is one that's new to me. For starters, the ProLip is balmy but not too slippery. You know how lip balms usually are: creamy and soft, but not this one. On first swipe, it'll seem like the ProLip isn't depositing any product because of how hard it is. The secret is to go back and forth for a few times until you feel like you've fully covered your lips. Then, you have to start smushing your lips to further blend out the product. I find that the heat from my lips is actually the key to softening this balm. You'll feel instant nourishment on your lips without the feeling of greasiness and stickiness.

Because of the beeswax in it, the ProLip actually lasts longer on my lips, even after eating or drinking. Ordinary lip balms tend to melt away with food and water but the ProLip is like a water-proof barrier on my lips that doesn't budge easily. I personally love this because I sometimes hate reapplying my lip balm because it integrated after a drink or a meal. If you love long-wearing lip balms, then ProLip is worth checking out.




I absolutely love using this as both a lip prep and lip therapy. Like, it's legit. It does keep chapped lips at bay and it'll soften and nourish the living f- outta your lips. Some lip balms aren't great with chapped lips but this one's boss level in that department. I wake up with soft, smooth, and lippie-ready lips, all thanks to this product. As a lip prep, it reminds me of Colourette's Blur Balm because the ProLip also blurs lip lines. Between the two, I think I prefer ProLip, mainly because it's more hydrating.

If you can't already tell, I'm super happy with this purchase. It's everything I want in a lip balm: hydrating, softening, and long-lasting. I also think it's awesome that I got it during Mondaze's 5/5 sale where the ProLip was in a B1T1 promo but honestly, even without the sale, I think this product is worth buying. Chapped lips? I don't know her.


You May Also Like

1 comments