Sampling Samples: Maybelline Sensational Liquid Matte in Bare It All

by - Friday, May 20, 2022


 Fresh peach.

Hello, I'm back with another lippie in a sachet!

Back in February, I featured my first sachet of the Maybelline Sensational Liquid Matte lippie and it was in the shade Best Babe, a nice bright everyday pink. Today, I'll be featuring something more on the peachy side which is Bare It All.

As a refresher, Maybelline's Sensational Liquid Mattes are formulated with a powder technology for a weightless wear, are packed with pigments for intense color, and offer a soft matte finish. This line is available in 16 morena-flattering shades and can also be used on the cheeks. 


I'd describe Bare It All as a nude peach shade. I thought that it would look a bit too light on me but I'm glad it's not. This shade is a nice everyday, easy peasy shade that's a great substitute for your usual pinks or nudes.

I compared it with another orange in my collection, GRWM Cosmetics' Wintermelon and though I thought they'd look similar, I've found nuances between the two. I think the best way I can differentiate them is this: Bare It All is a peach shade while Wintermelon is an apricot shade. Both are oranges but one is lighter and has a subtle pink undertone while the other one is more of a true orange.


Formula is just like Best Babe's- lightweight and comfortable though I have to note that I find that Best Babe is more pigmented than Bare It All. I think I did 2-3 layers of Bare It All to have a nice even and pigmented layer on my lips while with Best Babe I only had to do two max. Thankfully, even though I've layered it that much, it didn't get patchy and it didn't feel heavy on the lips. Again, this lippie feels dry to the touch but can really feel tacky especially when you purse or smush your lips. I've also experienced some transferring, especially after eating and drinking.

Bare It All is a nice shade that I know I'll use for everyday. It can get boring wearing the same pinks and nudes everyday so I'm glad I have this shade that's different but not too out there. Yay for more oranges in my stash!


You May Also Like

0 comments