Fiery Neutral: ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Fade In

by - Tuesday, November 22, 2022

 


Warm brown.

In my last post, I shared a purple mauve shadow that has a lovely shade but a slightly difficult to work with formula: ColourPop's Tang. For today, I have yet another Super Shock Shadow, but this time, it's warmer and redder- you know, just something that's up my alley.


Again, ColourPop's Super Shock Shadows are creme to powder eyeshadows that have a bouncy and blendable formula and long-wearing pigmentation. They are cruelty-free and vegan-friendly and retail for $6 each for 2.1grams of product.


Today's shadow is Fade In, a warm medium orange brown. Its finish is right in between a matte and a satin. I love this type of rusty, coppery browns because it just warms up the eye area and it's just a little less basic, you know? This kind of brown will look great with gold shimmers or highlighters- or bronzey ones to up the warmth!

As compared to Tang, Fade In seems to be softer and more pigmented. It didn't take me long to build it up and my brush was able to pick up adequate product instantly. Also, since Fade In's formula isn't too matte, it was easier to blend out. The harsh edges were so much easier to buff out than Tang, for sure! Just like Tang, Fade In also isn't powdery at all. 


Here's an eye look I made with Fade In! Fade In's such a pretty shade so I made sure to pack it on the lids. If you can see some harsh edges, trust and believe that that's the darker shade I used: Nostalgia, from Detail's Sunset Dream Palette. I actually don't know why I keep using this shadow haha! Nostalgia is a matte that's just so stubborn to blend out but I keep using it because I like the color, a dark brown that's a perfect substitute for a black shadow.

I know this look is a bit dramatic but you can easily tone it down for a more everyday-friendly look. You can pack still pack Fade In on the lids but instead of doing a bold outer corner V, you can line you lashline then just blend it out with Nostalgia for a bit of a smoked out liner. Easy peasy!

(Also, more details on this look in a post coming soon!)


Fade In is such a pretty shadow that I see using more in the future. I want to also try it on the crease for that warmth and dimension, then pack my lids with a metallic or glittery shadow. What can I say, my brain's on holiday mode already haha! A nice black winged liner would also go well with this shadow. Oooh, the looks I can do with Fade In! I can't wait!



 

You May Also Like

0 comments