Fluffy Blender: O.TWO.O Microfiber Fluff Surface Makeup Sponge

by - Saturday, November 12, 2022

 


My new sponge.

Y'all already know how much I love a bargain buy.

When I bought the O.TWO.O Silk Fiber Mascara, I also bought along with it a beauty sponge. I'm sort of aware that I still have a couple of unopened sponges in my stash but I had to buy this one because it's a different kind of sponge from those ones. And also, I can't say no to it when it's on sale.


Here I have the O.TWO.O Microfiber Fluff Surface Makeup Sponge. This is a latex sponge with a microfiber fluff surface. It has a tear-drop shape but with a flat surface on one side, a curved side on the other, and has a flat bottom.

This sponge retails for ₱200 but I got it for only ₱50. 


To be honest, the selling point for me was its microfiber surface. I've always wanted to try microfiber sponges because they apparently absorb less product which ensures fuller coverage. The fluff on this sponge is fine. It doesn't feel prickly on the skin and it also doesn't seem to shed.


So let's talk about the sponge now. I was expecting a soft and bouncy sponge so imagine my surprise when I found out that this sponge is dense AF! There's so much resistance to this sponge that it took me a while to get used to it. It's not like my Focallure sponge that's soft and squishy; no, this sponge almost has the same density as a dishwashing sponge, only it's less rough and well, can be used on the face. If you're used to a soft sponge, you'll either hate this or you get used to it. 

Silver lining though: it won't tear easily. My Focallure sponge may be soft but it already has little tears everywhere because of my nails. This one, however, seems like a tough nut (or sponge) to crack. 


Dry sponge.


Damp sponge.


This sponge expands impressively when dampened and while that's exciting, it proved rather difficult upon application. On the broad areas of my face, like my cheeks, forehead, and chin areas, this sponge worked well. That's why I also use this sponge to blend out cream blushes and bronzers. However, when it came to my undereyes and sides of my nose, I find the tip of this sponge too stout to really get into the small nooks and crannies of my face. Sometimes I have to use my fingers or a brush to further blend out those areas to ensure a nice even layer of my base. I don't mind doing it but sometimes it can be a bit bothersome.


Despite a few issues I have with this sponge, I can honestly say that this sponge absorbs little to none, making my base fuller in coverage! It's honestly like using a foundation brush, minus the brush streaks. This is perfect, especially with tinted sunscreens with a sheer to medium coverage. This sponge also blends my base quite well- and quickly too!


Overall, not bad for my first microfiber sponge! I know there are other out there that are softer and less dense but this sponge still does what it's supposed to do and that's all that matters to me. It blends well, doesn't absorb much product, and it's budget-friendly. It's easier to clean too since most of the products are just on the surface (although I do find that the sponge's color bleeds out when I wash it with soap). Glad I picked this up- and now I can't wait to try more microfiber sponges!


You May Also Like

0 comments