Sampling Samples: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 20 Sand

by - Tuesday, November 15, 2022

 


Potential brightener.

It's been a long while since I last featured a Maybelline Fit Me sample so here's a new one!

 Again, I was able to get my hands on this product in Watsons- and an accident at that. I was just looking at Maybelline lippie sachets and then a few rows down, there they were: the last sachets of Fit Me Concealers. I pretty much grabbed one quickly and headed to the cashier afterwards haha!


This product isn't a new one but let me just recap it for those who don't know this yet. The Fit Me Concealer is an oil-free concealer that promises to give the skin a perfected yet natural look while covering up flaws and blemishes.


Here in the Philippines, the Fit Me Concealer line has 7/8 shades. Years ago, my shade was #35 Deep and now, I'll be trying out 20 Sand (got lighter by 2 shades wow!).

Sand is the third lightest shade in the range and it is a warm yellow-toned concealer that's perfect as an undereye highlight for my skintone. For reference, my "perfect" shade in the Fit Me Liquid Foundation is 220 Natural Beige + 128 Warm Nude so Sand is pretty much a good partner to those shade.


Wearing a layer of the Fresh Tinted Sunscreen all over my face and no peach corrector underneath. 


Comparing this concealer to the GRWM Radiance Tint and Sooper Beaute's Skin Cover Tint, Fit Me has a slightly thicker consistency and a matte-r finish. I find that this concealer blends better with a blender and blends quicker when it's more wet in consistency. We all know the concealer trend nowadays where you apply concealer first then leave it to "set". Well, this concealer sets pretty quickly so it's best if you apply/dab it then blend immediately.

I'd say coverage-wise, it's more of a medium. It will help concealing small spots or discolorations but for deeper blemishes and dark circles, they'll peek through if you don't color-correct beforehand. This concealer feels lightweight on the skin but it can be a bit drying because of its matte finish and it has the tendency to get into the creases if left unpowdered/un-set.


Again, I use Sand mostly as a brightening undereye concealer and I absolutely love this shade for that! I do really need to color correct beforehand, though, since it can't cover my dark circles alone. Will I get it in full-size? Possibly, since it's a nice brightening concealer and it's pretty affordable.

(PS. I said it before, and I'll say it again: Maybelline's samples are the best!!) 


You May Also Like

0 comments