essence Private Sale Haul

by - Tuesday, November 05, 2013

 essence cosmetics held a private sale in Concorde Hotel Singapore last November 1, 2, and 3. Since I'm a big fan of the brand, I went their on the first day. It really overwhelmed me because there were a lot of boxes containing nail polishes, skin care and face products, makeup products, and previous essence collections and discontinued products were also up for sale! Aside from essence, Catrice Cosmetics, a sister company of essence, was also there, as well as Hello Kitty and Elizabeth Arden. Aside from cosmetics, perfumes, shower gels, and bottles of liquid soap were also on sale. So after all the craziness that happened on that sale, here are the products I got. I must say that my self-control was really tested on that sale because everything was so damn cheap! I really had to think twice, thrice if I need or want a product. But anyway, I'm really happy with my purchase and the money I saved. ;)

 The first products I got were surprise, surprise nail polishes. The nail polishes were priced at S$10 for 6. Like whaaaaat?! If I'm not mistaken, regular priced nail polishes cost around S$2.90 so yes, S$10 for 6 is a freaking deal!! On the second day, they sold it at S$5 for 3 because some people didn't like buying 6 on one go. I also heard that on the last day of the sale they gave it for S$5 for 4. Craaaay! 

 When I showed my sister the nail polishes I got, we both noticed that I only have 4 colored polishes and everything else was....neutrals! I must really love neutrals that even my nail polishes look like the liquid version of neutral shadows! I swear I didn't notice that when I was picking nail polish shades. I swear!! :)) I can't wait to use these polishes once I get back, and yes, reviews are in order!

 Next products I got are moisturizers from the PureSkin line. Can you believe that the PureSkin products cost S$2-3 only? And we're talking about full sized products here! :O The first moisturizer I got was the Natural Cover Moisturizer aka a tinted moisturizer. The other one is an anti-spot moisturizer which I started using yesterday. I must say that I'm already loving it and I might review it soon!

 As for makeup products, I got the gel eyeliners first. They were sold at S$2.50 each. I got a purple and a brown one. Hopefully these are more pigmented than the Maybelline gel liners that I have. :D

A random essence product appears! :)) Got this S$1 nail file because I really need to have one in my life and in my bag. I'm really trying to stop biting my nails and hopefully filing would help me!

 I also got these Catrice pencils which were sold for S$5 for 3. I got essence pencils first which were sold at S$5 for 4 but when I swatched the Catrice pencils, I was sold. The gold pencil was mind blowing! It was very pigmented and smooth, I love it! So after being mind blown by Catrice pencils, I returned the essence pencils back to their boxes. If those pencils had testers I might have bought them. Sadly, they didn't. I'm not really the kind of person who buys unswatched/untested products and because of that I had to pass.

So that's it really. I'm really excited to try the products I have. And yes, I will feature all of them here in my blog soon. Prepare yourself for essence/Catrice overload!!

You May Also Like

0 comments