Nail of the Week: Essence The Gel Nail Polish in #13: Forgive Me

by - Wednesday, November 30, 2016


(Barbie) Girly girl.


How weird is it that I'm wearing a polish that's isn't dark or unconventional? I'm totally weirded by it but more so on the fact that I'm really feeling it! I guess there are just days when I want a break from my normal choices and style and you know what, those are the times when I get to discover that some things aren't that bad at all.

The polish I have on is Forgive Me, a milky medium pink. I love the fact that it doesn't have any warm or cool tones, making this shade wearable for someone who's tanned as I am without making the hands look darker. That's the reason why I avoid pinks most of the time, because they make my hands look darker than ever. But this one? This one's pretty decent on me, it's definitely surprising.

It's not my first time to try essence's gel line. In fact, I was pretty happy with Electriiiiiic because the formula of that one's pretty fluid and application was pretty good. For Forgive Me, the consistency's definitely thicker than Electriiiiiic. Like, it's quite milky in a way? Forgive Me is definitely more opaque than Electriiiiiic but it's also thicker and a heavier. It also tends to thicken up quickly as you use it so make sure you have some nail polish thinner ready at all times or you at least roll the bottle when it starts getting less fluid. If not, each coat will be really thick, resulting in easy chipping.

For the most part, thinning it down is no big deal so I still say that this one's a keeper, specially if you love a good pink on your nails. I quite like it on the toes too and gives me some Barbie feels every time I look at it. All in all, I love that I went out of my comfort zone and picked a shade that I don't usually go for. I'm quite pleased with this and hopefully, I get to wear this more on summer! Can't wait! x


You May Also Like

0 comments