Rouge Play: That Red Lip Classic

by - Monday, March 28, 2022

 

A red number.

Okay, okay, I'm stepping away from my pink lippies for today's look haha!

To be honest, it was quite a surprise to me that I haven't done a red lip yet. Like, what?? But it wasn't also that surprising because I basically don't have a lot of red lippies on my stash- something I also realized just recently. But don't worry, since I'm slowly rebuilding my lip stash, I'm also making sure to add in varying shades of red in it as well. You know I love me some options and variations haha!


I'll be using some mattes on this look so I started, as usual, with my ever-trusty Colourette Blur Balm to prep my lips.

To start, I used the LA Colors Lip Liner in Smooth Plum, a deep plum red liner, to shade the outer corners of lips as well as line the center lip lines. For the center, I combined two Colourtints: Coco, a maroon red, and Tati, an orange red. I basically didn't want a bright red or a dark red; I wanted something in between. A few mixes here and there and I got the hue I wanted. I concentrated that mainly in the center of my lips and I didn't really blend that in with the corners.

Since this look's looking a bit too matte, I decided that some shine would give it more dimension and interest. As usual, I decided to top the center off with Detail's Jelly Lips

And that's pretty much my first red lip for Rouge Play! I really missed rocking red lips- I should do this more often haha! 

You May Also Like

0 comments