Nail of the Week: China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Towel Boy Toy

by - Wednesday, March 30, 2022

 


Sky hued.

While picking which nail polish to feature next, I had two criterias in mind: it should be bright and it should give maaaajor summer vibes. "Summer" (read: hot and humid AF) here in the PH is in full swing and I wanted a polish that'll match the sunny season and something that'll distract me from the fact that I'm sweating bullets even if I just freshly showered.


The polish I chose for today's NOTW is China Glaze's Towel Boy Toy, a bright sky blue hue with a pearl/slight iridescent finish. Most of my polishes are more on the muted side but I actually like this shade, or rather, this specific bright blue. It's a nice alternative to the dark/sapphire blues I like. I also like that even though it's bright, it still complements my morena/olive skintone.

To be honest, I didn't know I was in for a surprise when I was applying this. I didn't do my research beforehand so naturally, I thought that Towel Boy Toy had a creme finish- turns out, it's matte! And though I do like me a matte polish, unfortunately, I found that Towel Boy Toy's formula is difficult to work with. It was prone to streaking and it doesn't have an opaque coat in one go; in fact, it took me 3 coats to get an even, almost streak-free coverage. It's a shame because the matte finish highlighted the streaks and unevenness of this polish and also dulled the pearlescent effect. To bring back some shine, it's best if this polish gets topped off with a glossy top coat. Really wish they made Towel Boy Toy a creme instead!

Even though the formula is a challenge, I don't mind dealing with it again for the sake of bright blue nails. The color is something I really, really like and I feel like I'll be reaching for this polish a lot this summer. Bright skies and bright nails ahead indeed!

You May Also Like

0 comments