Day Four Challenge

by - Thursday, March 03, 2011


   The websites I'm going to show are classified into two: blogs and Youtube channels. 5 blogs and 5 Youtube channels will be seen here in my post. I decided not to include social networking sites because, well, it's already given that I always open them every single day.

A. BLOGS

   I first stumbled in her blog when I saw her in one of Michelle Phan's makeup tutorials (click here to view the tutorial). Since I was into blogging, I checked her blog and I was awed. Her blog is so girly! And organized, if I may add. I browsed through her posts and I was entertained with her photos and stories. I also like the fact that she's quite frank about certain things. She's a fashionista too and because of her quirky blog, she already won several blog awards. So yeah, her blog's a must-see/must read.

   I discovered her blog through a local teen magazine. I really like her outfit photos. There are days when she loves to experiment with clothes with different patterns and textures and there are days where she wears casual, comfy clothes. Cute layout, cute photos, awesome blog.

  The blog of a fellow Filipina is one of the most viewed blogs, not only in the Philippines, but all over the world. Tricia is a blogger/photographer/stylist/fashionista all rolled in one. Like Tieka from Selective Potential, she posts pictures of her in adorable outfits. Because of her success in blogging, she became Forever 21 Philippines' brand ambassador and recently, she was sent by Tumblr to the 2011 New York Fashion Week.

   I saw this blog in an episode of Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho where they featured food bloggers. I became really interested with this blog because it's all about desserts! Thanks to this blog, I became quite aware about stores who have must-try desserts. Oh and the blogger, Lori, is a Filipina too!

   The blogger behind Skysenshi, Beatrice, is the cousin of my sister's friend who was once her officemate. Through my sister's friend, I saw this blog. What I like about the blog is that it features places I didn't know around the metro. It's nice to see different places in the city here in the Philippines. It's also loaded with pictures, product reviews, tv show reviews, cosmetics reviews, food reviews, and movie reviews.

B. YOUTUBE CHANNELS

   Makeup Geek TV is one of my go-to Youtube channels. I love the tutorials! Marlena does a great job in showing how a certain look is done. She also has a playlist where all basic makeup techniques are filed. Of all the channels, I'd definitely pick this one.

   Another channel that I love. Nikkie is just 17 years old but I love how creative she is when it comes to makeup. She's from the Netherlands and she's one of the gurus that has a lot of subscribers. She's really funny in her tutorials and this girl has a great sense of fashion too. She's a big fan of The Vampire Diaries (like me!) and I really think she could play Lexi's sister.

   Michelle Phan was actually the first makeup channel I visited. The site that inspired me more to be a makeup artist. She's a talented makeup artist, probably why Lancome hired her. Like Nikkie, she's the Guru of all Gurus, making her one of the most subscribed beauty channel in Youtube.

   This girl has a mad talent in makeup. If you check some of her tutorials, not all tutorials are the usual; some are really elaborate and very amazing. She does have the usual makeup tutorials but what amazes me is that the other tutorials are out of this world. She did a Medusa tutorial, a Chinese festival-looking tutorial, and a Mother Earth tutorial. Breathtaking looks! Oh, and she also does nail tutorials. Another thing I like about this channel is that no matter how intricate looking a makeup look is, her videos are less than 5 minutes.

   The last channel is Amarixe, which is run by Allison. The products she uses vary- there are drugstore makeup to more expensive ones. She also does reviews about different products. Her tutorials are quite easy to follow, so her channel is worth looking at.


You May Also Like

0 comments