Day Seven Challenge

by - Sunday, March 06, 2011


1. Learn to value (your own) life. Not because you're healthy and sound doesn't mean you're least likely to get sick. Before I was diagnosed with lupus, I was really healthy. I don't get sick, I'm always okay. I guess when you think you're okay, you tend to do everything to the point that you abuse your body (like not getting enough sleep, not bothering to drink vitamins, etc.), which leads us to number two.

2. Know your limits. Don't overdo things. Learn to slow down and take a step back.

3. Things really happen for a reason. I think being diagnosed with lupus became a good thing. I became more open to other things. I valued my family more. But one big change that happened was that I suddenly wanted to become a makeup artist. I was never interested with makeup before. But after considering it, I became obsessed with makeup. I realized that I want this as my career. And it will be my career.

4. Surround yourself with positivity, stay away from negativity. I can proudly say that I am a pretty optimistic person. When there are challenges, I always think that I can make it. I don't let it beat me. When you are positive, you have a great outlook in life. You're not suicidal, and you don't give up easily.

5. People will say nice things even if they don't mean it. I hate it when people do this. If you don't mean it, why will you even say it? If you don't mean it, why can't you just shut up? If you have nothing to say, sometime it's better that way.

6. Be patient in everything. I think I'm gifted with patience. I wait, I don't do anything rash. And as they say, "Good things come to those who wait."

7. The people you don't really notice before will be the people you'll end up noticing.

8. You know you have good friends if you've done something that let them down but they forgive you anyway. Of course, you should remember to redeem yourself and prove that you're still a good friend to them.

9. Try and try until you succeed. One of the golden lessons in life. If you ask me, it's classic. You don't always get something right the first time you do it but if you work on it, in no time you'll be pretty good at it.

10. If everything fails, pray. A good thing in having a religion is that there will always be a sense of assurance and guidance. I'm a Catholic and I love being one. Everything might let you down, but you can never go wrong with Him.



PS. And that ends my seven-day challenge! Yay for me! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments