Eyebrow Threading @ Lay Bare

by - Thursday, August 08, 2013

  I got so excited that I decided to post this now. As in 3 hours after I got my brows threaded.

  My thick, unruly brows have always been my problem. They're shapeless and they grow fast and apparently in all directions. Before this, shaving has always been my number one solution. Problem is, I am scared that I might overshave so I never got to shape my brows on my own. I'm not a big fan of plucking so I don't do that often. I tried Benefit's brow wax last year in Singapore but I found that it was a bit expensive and my brows just grew back in three, four weeks, plus Benefit counters here in the Philippines are so far from where I live so I really can't keep up with waxing. I was about to give up until I saw Lay Bare's website. Lay Bare is a waxing salon but they do eyebrow threading. I've always considered threading but because of the people who said it was painful, I was hesitant to do it. But because I'm so desperate to get my brows fixed, I finally caved in and went to the Lay Bare branch in Robinsons Metro East this afternoon. And I'm really glad I did!

 Since today's a weekday, the shop wasn't packed. I got in, registered, filled up a form, and waited for my turn. I was called in at around 2:30 pm. Before threading, the brow technician asked me if I wanted shape or just cleaning. I answered shape immediately and I told her not to make it too thin. The procedure wasn't so bad at all. It wasn't painful though it did made me eyes water probably because, I don't know, it's near the eye area? Anyway, I don't know if that's because my tolerance for pain is high or because the lady who handled my brows was light-handed. It did hurt a bit on my left brow but that's because my left eye area is more sensitive than my right. There was some plucking involved too but that was after the threading part. The session lasted for only 15 minutes. :)

 Ready for some photos? Here's my "before" brows, taken just yesterday:

My new brows, taken 3 hours after threading:
 Look, I got arches!! My new brows are very lady-like now, haha!

 My experience with Lay Bare was really pleasant. It was quick, tolerable, and most of all, budget friendly! Will you believe me when I tell you I just paid Php110 for this? Yep, that affordable! Plus, they have two branches near my place so it's very accessible. Aside from eyebrow threading, they do waxing services too. Click this to view their services. If you're looking for a place to get your brows threaded, I really recommend Lay Bare. They do accept walk-ins but I suggest going on a weekday to avoid queues. :)
 Ending this post with my makeup free but happy face. I got 'em good brows! Oh, and my dark circles and eye bags say hello too. =3

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Good post please visit New look day spa we also offer best SPA services http://newlookdayspaandlaser.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today.  Face Threading in San Diego

    ReplyDelete