My Favorite Highlighters

by - Monday, August 12, 2013

...brow bone highlighters that is! Although I have quite a number of shadows that can be used as a brow highlighter, I find myself reaching out for just these two, depending on what eye look I'm doing. I think they're fool proof and subtle enough for my liking. The highlighters I'm talking about are Virgin and Kinky. Both are (surprise, surprise) Urban Decay shadows from the palettes, Naked and Smoked.
 Virgin is a pale nude beige with a shimmer finish. I use this whenever I do looks that has a lot of mattes in it. I find that Virgin adds dimension to a matte eye and it has the right amount of shimmer that reflects beautifully in natural, studio, and camera lights. Also, I'm a newbie when it comes to highlighting the cheekbones and I find that Virgin is very newbie-friendly since it's not an in-your-face highlighter.
For eye looks that has a lot of shimmers and glitters, I use Kinky. Kinky does look a lot like Virgin but it's definitely paler and has a matte finish. I find that this is such a lovely matte highlighter because it's not stark white because it has a flesh/beige undertone to it.

Swatches!
Without flash
With flash
 Sometimes, not all light shadows in palettes or quads are suitable as a brow highlight. Some quads are all shimmers, so naturally you have to use a highlighter that's less shimmery like satins or mattes. Likewise, you can add dimension to a matte eye by using a shimmery brow highlight. A little tip though: never ever use a glitter shadow to highlight your brow.

What's your go-to/favorite brow highlighter? :)

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Now that you've mentioned it, I remember an officemate who uses MAC Nylon as a highlighter... and applies it like there's no tomorrow. Think drag queen effect. And this is in the office. :))

    I like mine yellow based. MAC Ricepaper is a staple.

    ReplyDelete