My Daytime Foundations

by - Thursday, August 29, 2013

  I'm not really a big makeup wearer in the morning. I prefer to keep my face makeup free to let it breathe. But sometimes I like to wear minimal makeup. Minimal makeup consisting of moisturizer, a lightweight foundation, concealer, and tinted lip balm.

 I have two makeup foundations in my stash that I prefer to use at daytime. Both are lightweight, makes my face look even and smooth, and both are from Maybelline. They are Pure Mineral Powder Foundation and Clear Smooth Clear Stick/BB Stick.


 So the first one is the Pure Mineral Foundation in B02 Natural Beige Ochre. Because it's a mineral foundation, it's so easy to work with plus it feels very light on the skin. I love using it on its own and as a setting powder. I'd say the coverage is pretty sheer, that's why I can use it as a setting powder. I recommend this to those with oily to combination skin. I don't recommend it to those with dry skin because it clings to the face's dry patches and trust me, it's not pretty.

 The second foundation I use is the BB Stick in the shade Radiance. I bought this last year because I was intrigued with BB creams that time and I figured I'd start with a BB cream in stick form first. Anyway, I was kinda bummed that the BB sticks were only available in two shades and Radiance was a bit light on my skin. But I still got it anyway for the sake of trying it. I'd say this one has a cream-to-powder formula. After you spread it and blend it, it settles on the skin and feels powdery afterwards, which I really like because it doesn't leave my face sticky. It also makes my skin feel so smooth.

The reason why I use these products is because they're both lightweight on the skin and they're very easy to apply. The BB stick has SPF 21 so that saves me from applying sunblock on my face before foundation. On their own, they're very sheer. But together, they give a decent coverage that's perfect for daytime use. Another reason why I use them only in the morning is because they give a white cast to your face when photographed with flash. In the morning, you obviously don't need flash because of natural lighting- sunlight. They both look good in natural light, they're very natural looking. But take a photo with flash and you'll see my problem.

Here are some swatches of the foundations:
 I use them together because they definitely balance each other. The BB stick is a bit cool-toned even though it has a flesh color/shade so the Pure Mineral balances the color because of it's strong warm undertone. I have no idea why the BB stick swatch looks stark white here but I promise you it's not; at least not for Radiance.

 What's your favorite daytime foundation? :)

You May Also Like

0 comments