Plumlicious

by - Friday, February 06, 2015

The lippie today is something I LOVE. It's just right up my alley, you know.

I don't always wear deep lip colors because they require a lot of work and precision but if I had the time, I'd definitely pick this lippie. The L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Intense Plum has such a luscious color: it's a deep red-based plum (or is it the other way around?) that looks quite intimidating in the bullet but looks absolutely gorgeous when worn on the lips. It's that color that doesn't look the same on everyone. On some people it's either plummier, deeper, lighter. redder...on me, it's a red-plum.

L-R: essence On the Catwalk, Elizabeth Arden Cranberry Cream, L'Oreal Intense Plum

Side by side by side. When I swatched Intense Plum, I was instantly reminded of the two other lipsticks I have. Intense Plum has the berry-ness of On the Catwalk and the deep red tone of Cranberry Cream. In terms of texture, Intense Plum is definitely on the glossy/shiny side; it glides like melted butter on toast. I was surprised that it was smoother than my essence lipsticks. What I also like about it is that it's not just smooth to apply- it's also quite opaque. Two coats and you're done.

Ze swatch. Fun fact: it was so hard to capture the true color of this lipstick! I had too many photos of it looking red until I decided to take a photo by the window and BAM! True color, finally!

Damn, I feel kinda posh and badass and evil with this lipstick! :))

So...I sorta kinda think that when worn without lip liner, this lippie would easily go everywhere. I feel like it just sits on top of the lips and it would transfer like crazy once you eat or drink. So yes, a lip liner is required just so it won't transfer heavily. For a shade like this, lining my lips is nothing, darling.

And that ends my "red" lippie week! Hope you had fun reading my past two entries. If you missed it, read post one here, and post two here.



You May Also Like

2 comments