Essence Mono Eyeshadow in #14: Irresistible

by - Friday, October 11, 2013

 My first essence shadow that I got for free 3 months ago.

 If there's an eyeshadow color I don't use that much, it's gray. Blame it on my love for neutrals. :)) Anyway, I have here a gray shadow from essence which I got free when I went gaga over their products months ago. Not really the shadow color I prefer but this will do.

Irresistible is a shimmery gray shadow with micro flecks of glitter cased in a glass-looking plastic container. I don't know if my eyes are playing games with me or what but it looks like it has a slight hint of an olive undertone. It's quite sheer so you have to layer it to make it opaque and a primer is really a must with this. To make up for its lack of pigmentation, the texture's quite smooth and soft although the shadow fades easily (again, don't forget the primer!). You get to see it's true beauty when you use it wet. Ahh, it's gorgeous! It suddenly became very pigmented and metallic when I applied it with a wet brush. Gorgeous! The photo wasn't able to capture the gorgeousness though :(

L-R: No primer, On top of Milk, With primer, Wet.

With flash.

Worn dry and with primer.

The shadow isn't that bad but it didn't make me go cray either. I guess this would be a good buy if you want to experiment with grays but don't want to spend a lot on a pan of shadow. I heard some good reviews on some brown shadows of essence so I think I might go for those next.

I'm not sure how much the mono shadows are but they're definitely below S$5 or even below S$4. A single eyeshadow is 2.5 grams. Essence Cosmetics counters can be found at select SM Department stores.

You May Also Like

0 comments