New TV Obsession: Sleepy Hollow

by - Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Fairly new show but OMFG it's so freaking good I can't even.

 The first supernatural show I saw and loved was Supernatural. Unfortunately, I stopped watching after Season 4 because the DVD sets of the following seasons are so expensive. :)) But I promise I will catch up on it one day. Anyway, I'm so glad there's another supernatural show: Sleepy Hollow. I first saw Sleepy Hollow in Tumblr as gif sets and it really piqued my interest because it was all over the site. So I Googled what it's all about and lo and behold it was supernatural!


Basically, Sleepy Hollow is a modern-day retelling of Washington Irving's short story. It's co-created, co-produced, and co-directed by Len Wiseman (aka Kate Beckinsale's hubby and director of the Underworld series). The main characters are:

A. Ichabod Crane, a man from the 18th century and died in 1781 but awakens in 2013. He's played by Tom Mison (sigh).

B. Lt. Abbie Mills, a police officer who has a link to the supernatural due to the events that happened in her past. She's played by Nicole Beharie.

After the events in the first episode, they're now bound to help each other by teaming up and investigating the supernatural things that happens in Sleepy Hollow and at the same time prepare for the Apocalypse and find Ichabod's wife, Katrina. I love their team up. There's sassy Abby accompanied by this very charming Englishman. I actually love seeing Ichabod being so out of place in the modern world. His fascination with donut holes, rants about the donut hole's taxes, coffee, being baffled about why Starbucks is everywhere...hilarious! So if it isn't obvious enough, yes, I'm hooked because of Ichabod Crane (or Tim Mison, whatevs. :P).

There are only three episodes yet because the show just started last September 16 and so far all those episodes gave me a heart attack. Good job, Sleepy Hollow! I love how some scenes are dark and eerie, how the creatures just appear out of nowhere accompanied by the heart attack-inducing music. Ah, the thrill.

A little rundown, here are the supernatural creatures that appeared in the episodes:

1. Episode 1: The Headless Horseman. Don't you dare think it's not scary because he's more than just that. Connected to Ichabod.

2. Episode 2: Serilda of Abadon, high priestess of the dark coven. Connected to Ichabod's wife, Katrina.

c. The Sandman. My favorite creature so far. Connected to Abbie.

So if you're looking for a new show to watch, if you're a fan of supernatural/mystery/fantasy, this one's for you. And if you got hooked....You're welcome.

You May Also Like

0 comments