Hair Pop: essence Hair Dye Powder in 01 Rock in Style

by - Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Last Saturday, I was able to see essence's new collection here in Singapore: Floral Grunge. If there's one product that caught my attention, it's definitely the hair dye powder. If you love hair chalk, you'll love this even more.

  Rock in Style is a bright pink/coral/pink-orange compact hair dye. It's temporary of course and can be easily washed with shampoo and water. The dye is in-cased in a plastic container that's wrapped in coral-colored paper where the labels are printed. It's really cute and girly, with a nice touch of lace printed on the lid. Wished the lid closed more tightly though since it comes off very easily.

 I tested this product on my hair last Sunday afternoon. It was messy of course but I guess that's part of the experience. It definitely stained my fingers, my feet, my shirt....hell, even my face! It was fun though. :P

Surprisingly, this dye was opaque! It stained and colored my black hair which was really amazing since black hair doesn't really cooperate with color. When you apply the dye on your hair, it'll definitely look powdery and chalky. One thing I did was dust off the excess powder gently. It will affect the brightness of the dye on your hair to the point that it will just look like a stain. But it will still be very noticeable on black hair.
Top: no flash | Bottom: with flash

I don't think I'll color my hair on a day out though. It'll consume a lot of time, I'll risk staining my clothes, and I might look like a pink mess when I get sweaty and stuff. I believe in its staying power though because I wiped my hair several times with tissue to remove the color and it took me quite a while to wipe the color entirely off my hair. It also took me two rounds of shampooing to get it off  after I sprayed hair spray on it.

Overall, I think this hair dye is awesome. It worked on my black hair wonderfully so why won't I like it? Wished there were more colors though because it'll be really cool to have rainbow hair every once in a while. I'm totally digging this and I think this trumps hair chalks. Good job, essence!

essence hair dye powder retails for S$6.50 and is available on essence counters in Watsons.

You May Also Like

0 comments