Family Gathering @ Chef Laudico Guevarra's

by - Friday, October 04, 2013

Birthday. Despedida. Mini family gathering.

  Today I had lunch with my parents and a few relatives at Chef Laudico Guevarra's, a restaurant we've always wanted to try. Mom made a reservation a week before (yes, you have to reserve a week before!) for 15 people so that's me and the parents plus 13 relatives. :))

Upon entering, I instantly adored the garden area. It was very spacious and breezy, plus it's showered with seats and benches. Absolutely love places with lots of seats. So that's automatically a thumbs up. I wasn't able to take photos unfortunately because there were a lot of people everywhere and we were called immediately inside.

We had the Abad Santos room.
I didn't get to take photos of the buffet table but if you're curious, just visit their Facebook page. I absolutely loved their pizzas which reminded me of Skinny Pizza. Most of the family members loved the angus beef tapa. The kare-kare was a miss (for us anyway since members of our clan make a mean kare-kare) and the tuyonesca you'll either like or hate. My cousins loved the crablets. One thing we all observed was that almost everything was a bit salty. I found the grilled squid a bit salty for my taste which was a bummer since I love grilled squid. The beef station however was superb. Everyone loved the lechon and the angus beef. The desserts were a miss. The only dessert I liked was the cheese ice cream which ran out quickly. :( I also liked the banoffee tarts. Also, another plus was the unlimited drinks. There were iced teas and sodas. So yes, you can have drinks as much as you want or better, make your own soda float. Um, yes please!

One of the things we celebrated was my mom's 60th birthday. Well, advanced birthday really since her birthday's tomorrow pa. The staff of Chef Laudico Guevarra's sang happy birthday to her. 

This gathering also served as a despedida party for my aunt, Tita Oyang, and her sons, Oliver and Giles. They'll migrate to Canada soon and we won't see them again any time soon so it was nice to see them before they go. So after we ate, we had a little photo op in the garden.

You May Also Like

0 comments