MAC Painterly Paint Pot

by - Wednesday, October 09, 2013

 An alternative to your favorite eyeshadow primer, a lovely cream base.

 This is another product I saw Allison/Amarixe use in the past. MAC's Paint Pots are basically cream shadows that can be worn on their own or as a base. The Paint Pot line is quite extensive, ranging from nudes to silvers, grays, deep browns, and pinks. For me, I prefer those I can use as a base hence Painterly.


MAC describes Painterly as a "nude beige". Well, it isn't exactly beige. It's more flesh toned with a strong pink undertone. It looks more of a desert sand color if you ask me. It's pinkness isn't really noticeable at first but you'll definitely see it once you use it. It is definitely lighter than my skin tone and that's another reason why I use it as a base. In fact, this is the base I use for my EOTD posts. Another thing I like about it is that it doubles as a concealer, thanks to it's pink undertone. Because it's light, it doubles as an eye highlighter too. I use this whenever I'm too lazy to reach for a proper concealer. :))


What do you think about MAC Paint Pots? 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I was at the MAC counter and I was scared to get this! I know everybody has it but I was afraid it would dry up on me! I got the Eye Prep + Prime instead... have you tried it? How do you like the comparison?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it won't dry up if you store it properly. I've had mine for almost two years now and it's still soft and creamy! What I do is tighten the cap before I return the paint pot inside its box. I also make sure it's in a cool and dry place. Haven't tried the eye prep+ prime yet because I still have my eye primers. I'd love to know what you think about it though. :)

      Delete