Nail of the Week: The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Charming Nail Stickers in 05 Point Dot

by - Friday, January 09, 2015

Nails for the New Year.

You know what I did for the first day of the new year? Change my polish. Although not really. I was too lazy to paint my nails, wait for it to dry, add a second layer and top coat. I wasn't just feeling it. So I thought it was the perfect time to try something new: nail wraps. Nail wraps are supposedly easier than polishes since you only have to slap em on, add top coat, and call it a day. No more drying time and risks of denting or smudging. Appealing, right?


The nail wraps I used were The Face Shop's Charming Nail Stickers in 05 Point Dot which I got from their warehouse sale in SG back in October of last year. I decided to wear this particular design because you know, new year = polka dots. I wasn't really into wearing polka dot shirts or undies but I thought incorporating the design on my nails was a better and cuter idea. This one's pretty tame, with just pink and black dots. Design-wise, I love it.

A pack comes with 20 strips, 10 small-medium sized ones for the fingers, and 10 bigger ones for the toes. I appreciate the size range, I really do, but it's also the problem. My fingernails aren't that wide but some of the finger nail wraps were quite small. Most weren't able to fully cover my nails so the sides of my nails were bare. But I'll let it slide because the overall's so cute you won't notice the bare parts unless you'll look at them up close. As for the toes wraps, they're so big! I think I'll only use them on my big toe where I can make it an accent nail or something. I was thinking this polka dot wrap on my big toe then just plain white polish on everything else. Whaddya think?

As for application, I'll give it a 6.5-7/10. So these are the steps they tell you to do:

-stick on nail
-press down so it's snug
-file the excess
-apply top coat

Sounds easy right? Nope. That's the fantasy version. The reality's more time consuming. Step one: stick on nail but welp, it's not centered so you have to try again. Once you get the right, press it down with an orange stick and expect creases that's like Miley Cyrus: they can't be tamed. Next step, file the excess. Now this part I didn't like. Every time I file the excess, I always find tiny bits hanging on. They feel gritty so I either file them again or cut them. Still feels gritty afterward though. Also, every time I file, the creases appear again! I can't even. Like, really? REALLY?!

So this is my left hand aka my non-dominant hand. See how the tips are just bleh? So just imagine how my right hand looks like, :)) I seriously can't even.

I applied the stickers on the 1st of January and took em out on Monday. Removing these are easy peasy. I just peeled them right off and removed the sticky residue left on my nails with polish remover.

Overall, I'm giving these a 7/10. I love the design. It looks cute and fun. Application's quite the B. Personally, I don't think I can wear these for a week straight. I'd give it probably 2-3 days max. I'd still wear nail wraps on days where I can't be bothered with the whole polish routine or on a special occasion where I want to up my nail game. I'm up for using these for an accent nail too.

So tell me: are you Team Polish or Team Wraps?


You May Also Like

0 comments