Nail of the Week: essence Colour & Go in #59: Black is Back

by - Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Whipping out the black polish because it's a classic.

I know I don't wear black polish that often anymore and that I prefer my dark hues but a good black polish is still a staple in anyone's stash. You can do a lot of things with black polish, ie., wear it as it is, glam it up, mattify it, use it as a stamping polish, etcetera, etcetera. Bottom line is, everyone needs at least one good black in their polish collection, whether you use it or not.

Here I have a good one. It's essence Colour & Go in #59 Black is Back, part of essence's quick drying polish range. I really can't tell you much about the color as it's pretty straightforward: a good, solid, non-matte, non-shimmery black. It's pretty opaque so you can get away with one coat, but of course a second coat never hurt nobody. Formula-wise, it's good. It's neither thick or thin, although it thickened up a bit at some point but rolling the bottle in between coats thins it out pronto. 

As like other essence quick drying polishes, it comes with a square-tipped brush. I had a little issue with the brush because the brush wasn't exactly cut cleanly. There were a few bristles that stick out at the tip which made application a bit trickier and messier, but thankfully it was manageable. 

A bit of an update, after the polish dried, I felt it was too basic, too boring. (#basicbitch) So I went ahead and jazzed it up by applying Anna Sui in 003, a lovely glittery sheer black. TBH, I'm loving this combo right now as I feel like I have starry skies on my nails. Minimalist galaxy nails, anyone?

You May Also Like

0 comments