Festive Glitter: The Face Shop's MX311

by - Wednesday, December 16, 2015


Bling up!

'Tis the season to be jolly...and to bling up your mani! See, there are two types of polish wearers: there are those who like it simple and clean and then there are those who like it anything but simple and clean. While I lean towards the simple and clean type, I like a little mani party every now and then.



I believe MX311 is a great confetti polish this season because look at it! It's a fun blend of bright green, blue, yellow, orange, red, and purple strips that look like sprinkles on your nails. Don't they remind you of Christmas lights? Throw in some gold hexagons into the mix and it's practically a Christmas party happening on your nails. 


Like it's sister, CMX321, the sprinkles (haha, I really have no idea what these are called) are held by clear polish. MX311 was surprisingly easier to use as you can have a decent sprinkling of the goodies with just one coat. If you want to have an overload of sprinkles, I recommend you load up using a sponge. In the swatches above, it took me about two or three sponging to get my desired effect. 


This glitter will look good on any base, in my opinion, but I think it'll look really striking on either a red or gold base. As it's a glitter/confetti type of polish, removal can be tricky so I recommend using a peel off base coat (DIY with Elmer's glue ;)) or liquid latex. If you have neither, that's what nail polish remover's for. :)


You May Also Like

0 comments