Nail of the Week: Three Beauties Nail Lacquer in Cajun Jig

by - Monday, December 07, 2015

My first TB polish.

I remember the first time I saw the brand Three Beauties. It was during a Watsons (or was it John Little?) sale several months ago in Singapore and their polishes were priced below S$5. After taking a look at the polishes and debating whether I should get the three bottles I was holding, I ended up purchasing this particular gray polish. My first gray, in fact.

Cajun Jig at first sight can look pretty boring since it's just a plain gray creme but it screamed modern day lady to me. It's muted but it's also sophisticated, it's plain but not flat. Color's a bit tricky though. You see, in the bottle, it looks like a standard gray (#808080, fyi), but once applied, it becomes a darker hue; it becomes a gunmetal gray (#2a3439). Gunmetal gray has a bluish tinge which matches this polish perfectly. The color is really up my alley and the blue undertone complements my tanned skin. This is the type of color that goes well with everything, just like black, white, and nude polish. Also, it reminds me of something my blogging idols, Anna and Lily, would wear and anything they wear I try is gorj in my eyes.

This polish comes with a thin standard flat brush so those with short and/or narrow nails will find this easy to work with. One thing I like about this polish is the formula. It's neither thick nor thin and it spreads easily. However, just like any polish, bubbling is prone when you put on a thick coat so make sure to apply thin coats. I find that two coats will give you perfect opacity. It wasn't streaky, thank goodness, and it didn't pool on my cuticles. For drying time, I'd say it takes a little while longer even though it's a quick dry formula. If I compare it to essence's quick dry polishes, I'd say this one takes a minute or two longer to dry.

I think it's safe to say that grays are totally awesome in my (polish) book. Gray isn't a fussy color and it's easy to jazz it up too. Can you imagine how awesome this polish would look with pink and white glitters? Or with green and gold accents? Ahh, the combinations are endless!

You May Also Like

0 comments