I Try: Swisspers Cleansing Eye Make Up Remover Pads

by - Friday, December 11, 2015


Haven't used makeup wipes in a long time so this'll be interesting.

For makeup removal, I'm a big fan of the cotton pad + liquid makeup remover combo. I find bottled makeup removers not as restrictive as wipes. But you know me, can't say no to any makeup removers. So here I am with a new one.

The only makeup wipes I've used in the past is the Biore wipes and I'm not a big fan of that one. I appreciate the fact that it's potent but if it stings and clouds my vision, that product's gotta go. I decided to give makeup wipes another try by picking up this new product on a quick trip to the drugstore a few months back in Singapore. It's a pack of Swisspers Cleansing Eye Make Up Remover Pads.

This pack comes with 30 rounded square pads, perfect size for the eye area if you ask me. The pads are alcohol free, hypo-allergenic, and pH balanced, and contain aloe vera and vitamin E. I find that the pads have the right amount of moisture in them so you get enough cleansing product per square.

So how did it fare?


I'm happy to tell you that I didn't experience any stinging or clouded vision with this product. In fact, I was surprised at how gentle it felt on the eyes! It does a good job on removing powders as well. However, on cream products, not so much. I used this to remove the gel liner I had on a few days ago and it took me a few rubs to get it all out. If it took time and rubbing to get gel liner out, can you imagine how it would be with stubborn waterproof mascaras? I mean, it's possible, but you just gotta have the patience on tugging and scrubbing it all off.

(A mix of gel liner and what's left of my eyeshadows and concealer.)

So to round it all up, I liked the gentle feel of it and how effective the pads are on powder products. But for take off stubborn cream products, I'm afraid this isn't the product to use. For those with sensitive skin, you might want to try this product. This is so darn cute though and very purse-friendly! You can just chuck it inside your handbag and not worry about the space it'll take. For the price (just under S$2), this isn't so bad for a stocking stuffer, ain't it?


You May Also Like

0 comments