Into the Meh Pile: essence cosmetics All Eyes On Me Waterproof Multi-Effect Mascara

by - Monday, December 28, 2015

Spoiler alert: it didn't make the cut.

In my opinion, the Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eye Mascara is the best drugstore mascara I've ever tried. It holds a curl, lengthens the lashes like your wearing falsies, decently separates lashes, and is legit waterproof. As much as I love it to bits, I really need a new mascara for variety. I mean, I need options, people!

I picked up a mascara months ago on an essence counter in Singapore. I decided to go try the All Eyes On Me Waterproof Multi-Effect Mascara. It's multi-effect because it offers a lot of features like volumizing, lengthening, curling, thickening, and separation, all in one tube.
The mascara has a straight wand, totally different from the comb brush I'm used to.

TESTING 1,2,3
Before I apply mascara, I ALWAYS curl my lashes because they're short and straight. This step gives shape to my lashes and prevents me from applying too much product to achieve a curl.
Getting my mascara game on...
After one coat, front & side view.

Right, so here's what didn't happen. First of all, the product eradicated the curl I created. Y U DO DAT THO? It appears that the mascara has a pretty heavy formula which weighed my lashes down, hence the disappearance of my curl. Curling properties? Nada.

I gotta say though, the properties that seemed to work on me was lengthening, thickness, and separation. Even if the product lost the curl, I can see that it definitely made my lashes longer and thicker, plus I didn't experience any clumping. The volumizing and curling properties? Not so much.

As for the waterproof part? Well, that was a fail too. I used a mild eye makeup remover wipe and it removed 90% of the product in just one go. Let's just say this isn't the mascara I'd reach for when I'll spend the day outside.

Verdict: not the mascara for me. It didn't give me the falsies effect I was looking for. When I saw that it weighed my lashes down, I knew it wasn't for me. You know where this would be handy? When you just need to coat your lashes with mascara because you'll be applying falsies afterward. It's a good "glue" to blend your natural and fake lashes together. On its own? It's a meh.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yeah I read somewhere that this wasn't good at all. Heard the Princess one (black and pink packaging) was better. :) Reminds me of Etude House.


    CJ|From Manila with Love : Beauty, Life & Feminism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I think I'll try that next. Not gonna pick it up if it isn't waterproof, though. :)

      Delete