Lavender Mist: Skin Aqua Tone Up UV Spray

by - Wednesday, April 21, 2021

 


Spritz, spritz.

For someone who lives in a tropical country, I'm still not used to the idea of wearing sunscreen. See, when I was younger, going to the beach and swimming lessons meant that I had to be lathered in sunblock and lemme tell you, those sunblocks were the worst! They made me feel hotter, made me sweatier, and just all around uncomfortable. So yeah, that's pretty much why I never got into the habit of wearing sunscreen. Now that I'm older, I understand the importance of wearing sunscreen much more, which is why I'm trying my best to make it a habit. Wearing sunblock on my face and neck is easy (hallelujah for moisturizers with SPF!) but on my body...well, that needs work. Thankfully, I was able to try a sunblock that's pleasant and lightweight AF!




Meet Skin Aqua Tone Up UV Spray, an aerosol color-correcting sunscreen that also brightens and nourishes the skin. It has SPF 50+ PA+++ and some of its stand out ingredients include:
-hyaluronic acid
-microfine pearl powder
-Vitamin C
-pure nuance complex (a blend of prune extract, chestnut rose extract, and passionflower extract)

This sunscreen sprays very finely so it is weightless and can be easily reapplied throughout the day. It can be used before makeup application as well as a makeup setting spray and it sets matte.   



I know you're intrigued with its color-correcting feature so here's the deets. Apparently, the sunscreen is lavender-hued to correct the skin's yellow undertone that makes our skin complexion look more radiant and flawless. Lavender is a combo of blue and pink tints, blue for translucent looking skin and pink for natural radiance. Combined, they make lavender, which then help correct yellow undertones. Don't you just LOVE color science? The lavender hue on the sunscreen is very subtle you won't even notice it unless you look closely. It's almost like an undertone so don't worry about it staining your clothes.


   
Its fine mist is one of my favorite things about this because it feels like spraying air on my skin. Seriously, it's sorcery. I don't even feel the sunscreen hit my skin and before I can even put the bottle down, the sunscreen's already set and dry. Honestly, such an easy product to use! 


I mainly use this sunscreen on my body and I can see a subtle difference on my skin. It looks healthier and less dull so I guess the color-correcting feature works! I also like how it doesn't feel heavy and sticky on the skin, perfect for scorching weather! I love using this whenever I have to go out because it's so easy and fuss-free to use, plus it's comfortable and not at all heavy. Remember: just like air!

The only downside to this product is that it's not waterproof so definitely don't use this for swimming (I unfortunately did this and let's just say that I got burntttt). That aside, I highly recommend this product for everyday use. I now know why it's a best-seller in Japan! Not only does it keep the skin protected from the sun's harmful rays, it also nourishes and beautifies the skin. Oh, and the scent is very nice! Sweet and light, not like some that's too vanilla heavy. It's a 10/10 for me.

You May Also Like

0 comments