Matte and Light: Detail Cosmetics Mineral Pressed Powder in Sandy Beige

by - Friday, September 09, 2022

 


Pretty (im)pressed.

I've been trying my hand with translucent powders and the whole baking technique and while I absolutely love the effect baking has on my overall base complexion, I'm not a fan of it leaving a white cast. I already have my eye on a banana shade loose setting powder but unfortunately, it's still out of stock. While rummaging through my stash, I remembered that I have purchased a pressed powder that's skintoned. I'm desperate to not have white cast on my base anymore and maybe this'll be the answer I'm looking for.


Here I have Detail Cosmetics' Mineral Pressed Powder, described as a "skin loving finely-milled mineral powder that keeps your face shine-free while allowing your skin to breathe". It has a matte finish and promises a lightweight feel. 


The Mineral Pressed Powder comes in a black compact that has a mirror and a sponge. The overall look of this compact has that old school makeup vibes and kind of reminds me of the Graftobian pressed powders. Comparing the two, I find that the Graftobian compacts feel more sturdy, hefty, and secure. Detail's feel a little lightweight and a bit flimsy, if I'm being honest.


The Mineral Pressed Powder comes in five shades and here I have Sandy Beige. Sandy Beige is the darkest powder in this line and has a somewhat slight peachy undertone. Despite being the darkest shade, Sandy Beige will most likely suit only those with light to medium skintones. On dark skintones, it might work as more of a highlighting/brightening powder.


So let's talk about the powder itself, shall we? On the pan, the powder seems to be quite packed, the kind that won't easily cracked when you drop it. The powder, as promised, feels really fine and not chalky at all. My fave tool to apply this product is, surprisingly, the sponge that comes with it! The sponge just picks up the powder really well and I get to really lay it on the areas I want to set, specifically my underyes and T-zone areas.

I've been using this powder as a setting powder and so far, I'm absolutely loving it! The powder just goes on the skin so smoothly and it doesn't look like it's just sitting on top of the skin. I like that it blends so well with my base and that it makes my skin look smooth yet not powdery and cakey. It also feels very lightweight yet its mattifying power is just superb! I like that even though it's mattifying, it doesn't make my skin look flat and dry. Plus, you can't beat its medium coverage too!

As for its oil-control, from my wear tests, I find that my skin starts to oil up after 4 hours. But it's something that can easily be remedied by a quick blot and after that, my face looks fresh again. So yeah, oil-control isn't bad! 


Sandy Beige on me is a little light but it's a good shade to brighten or highlight. I find that though it starts a little light, it eventually settles and becomes more natural looking the longer it sits on the skin. 


This powder with my fave tinted sunscreen? A match made in makeup heaven! This powder sets the sunscreen beautifully and also makes sure that I don't get that much creasing on my face. It brightens my face without looking too obvious and just gives it a flawless look. Most importantly, no white cast! Finally!!


PS. In case that wasn't clear enough: take this as a sign and get into pressed powders already!!

You May Also Like

0 comments