Effortless Blending with Anne Clutz Ultimate Beginner Big Blending Eyeshadow Brush

by - Wednesday, September 07, 2022

 


Fluffy beast of a brush.

When it comes to eye brushes, I feel like I'm most interested and likely to buy a blending brush. Blending brushes, to me, are key to creating a good eye look because they're the ones to blend out and diffuse all the eyeshadows you put on your eyes. You can use them for your crease, all over your lid, and even to smoke out a cream product or pencil. A blending brush is kind of that "one and done" kind of tool- have two or three of them and you're pretty much set.

For so long, my go-to blending brushes are the following: the ever classic MAC 217; one of its more affordable dupes, the Sigma E25; a local and even more affordable dupe, the Beauty Cosmetics Tapered Blending Brush; and the e.l.f. Blending Eye Brush. As you can see, I prefer small and tapered blending brushes mainly because my eye area is small and these brushes help me a lot, especially when getting into the crease area. However, I do sometimes find that at a certain point I start to have a hard time blending with these brushes so I go for a rounder brush to blend out some more.

Today, I'm breaking my "tapered blending brushes only" rule- at least for this brush I'm about to show you anyway. Here I have the Ultimate Beginner Big Blending Eyeshadow Brush from Anne Clutz Brushes!


You all know I'm absolutely obsessed with Anne Clutz's Beginner Contour Brush and now I'm equally obsessed with the Big Blending Eyeshadow Brush as well! Just like the Contour Brush, it has a pearlized handle, a gold metal ferrule, and soft synthetic bristles.


As you can see, this brush is HUGE- for an eye brush anyway. But I actually like that because it gets to blend out more area in one go.


I actually intended to use this as a powder brush to set my undereye area and it's okay for the most part. It does the job but I feel like it's kind of small and soft to do this job. But I can totally get away with using it if I was in a pinch.


I guess it shouldn't surprise me but it did- this brush is a REALLY GOOD eye brush. As I said before, I have a small lid space but for some reason, I had no problem using this brush on my crease! The dome shape of this brush plus its really soft, non-scratchy bristles just got into my crease area with ease and in no time, tada! Crease: done. 

I also like that this was able to blend out my eyeshadow with ease, leaving no harsh lines on my eyes that I sometimes get from my other brushes. The shadows just look so diffused and blended out, all done in a snap!


This is now my go-to brush whenever I want to do a fuss-free quick eye look. I can use this to put a base color all over my lid then a shadow on my crease, blend out some more, and done. Of course I wouldn't be able to use this brush for more targeted placements but for blending out shadows and for the crease area, this is now my go-to brush. It's an A+ for me for sure and now I can't wait to also get the small version of this brush. Ahh!! 

You May Also Like

0 comments