For a Streakless Base: Anne Clutz Ultimate Beginner Flat Angled Kabuki Brush

by - Monday, December 19, 2022

 


Is it a good alternative to a sponge?

When it comes to base application, I've always been a blender sponge since day 1. Brushes just don't do it for me when it comes to a skin-like base and I just can't with all the brush streaks. I have tried a paddle foundation brush and while that's better than other foundation brushes I've used before, I still go back to my trusty blenders.

I am back to trying out a brush for my base application, mainly because it's already included in the brush set. Let's see if this will change my mind, shall we?


This is Anne Clutz's Flat Angled Kabuki Brush. Just like the other brushes in the set, it has soft synthetic bristles and a gold metal ferrule. Its angled shape hugs the planes and curves of your face for an even application. This brush is recommended to be used for liquid or cream products.


What I like about this brush is that it's the right balance of stiff and fluffy. It wasn't a struggle to blend out the foundation because the bristles were soft but still has some resistance to blend out my liquid foundation. The brush also has the right amount of density to it. Compared to a paddle foundation brush, this kabuki brush is easier to work with for sure.


When it comes to the finish, I think it's already a given that you get a fuller coverage with a brush than with a sponge. This type of brush is great for applying skin tints that are dewy and sheer in coverage. However, if you use a matte base, it'll look drier and skin texture might be more visible. I definitely noticed that on my own skin. That's why I couldn't help but further blend out my base with a blender sponge, just to really press the base more on the skin and remove excess product on my face since the brush doesn't absorb any product.

If you're worried about brush streaks, worry not; this brush gave me very minimal, almost unnoticeable, streaks on my face that can be easily remedied by a little tap of the fingers or with a sponge. It's a huge improvement compared to traditional and paddle foundation brushes!

 

At the end of the day, I'm still a blender sponge girl through and through. However, I wouldn't mind using this brush from time to time, especially with my sheer coverage bases. I like how this brush easily blends out my base without feeling scratchy on the skin. It's nice to know that a brush like this is included in the set because it's a reliable one. But yes, if I can, I will still follow up with a blender afterwards just to further blend out my base. If you're a foundation brush kinda gal, I think you'd like this brush!

You May Also Like

0 comments