For Rosy Apples: Anne Clutz Ultimate Beginner Blush Brush

by - Monday, December 12, 2022

 


Blush time!

If there's one brush in the set that I've been dying to use, it's this one.

In case you didn't know, before I got this brush, I've been using the Contour Brush to apply both my contour/brontour and blush. Most of my blushes are in cream or liquid form so the Contour brush is the best tool to use to blend it out seamlessly. While that works great, I've always wanted to get a proper blush brush. Specifically one that's more of a rounder one than an angled one, like the Real Techniques' Tapered Cheek Brush or the RT 400 brush. So when I got the brush set, this brush is the first one I immediately used.


This is Anne Clutz's Blush Brush. It has soft synthetic bristles and has a rounded shape. Size-wise, compared to the RT 400 or Tapered Cheek brush, this blush brush has a bigger and fluffier brush head. 


I though I'd have a hard time figuring this brush out but turns out, it's just as easy to use as the contour brush! Admittedly, I think I have more control and precision with my blush placement with this brush. It has the right width to target my cheek areas and just the right amount of "toughness" to blend out creams and liquids without feeling too scratchy or dense. This also works great of powder blushes but I feel like it works better with creams and liquids.


Now that I've used it, I can honestly say that this brush head size is just right. I don't mind it being a bit bigger than most blush brushes because it gets my blush done in a snap since it covers a lot of cheek area in one go. Plus, it gets into the apples or the sides of my cheeks without making a mess on other parts of my face. 


I was able to do a tame version of drunk blush using this brush and it was a breeze! I was honestly surprised at how easy I was able to do that style of blush despite it being my first time. All thanks to this brush! And because of that, my blush and contour brushes are now two separate ones. Yay, no more quick cleaning in between uses!

You May Also Like

0 comments