Sampling Samples: Laneige Perfect Makeup Cleansing Water

by - Wednesday, December 14, 2022

 


Clean and refreshing.

So I got another Laneige sample for you! And no, it's not skincare. Well...sort of?

When I discovered the joy of using a cleansing oil to remove my makeup, I thought I'd never have to buy the traditional bi-phase-micellar water type of makeup remover. Cleansing oils are just so convenient and less messy to use, plus it saves me from using a lot of disposable cotton pads. HOWEVER, though cleansing oils are great for removing everything on the face, it's not really great for spot or targeted cleansing. I can't use it to clean up my winged liner or lip lines or remove mascara smudges on my lids but I know something that can- the traditional makeup removers. So yep, I guess they can stay.

Speaking of which, I'll be sharing you the micellar makeup remover I've been using/testing lately! Here's Laneige's Perfect Makeup Cleansing Water!


The Perfect Makeup Cleansing Water is a no-wash cleansing water contains a triple micellar technology that removes waterproof makeup and cleanses pores for a refreshingly smooth finish. Its pH4.5 - 6.5 weakly acidic formula makes it a healthy cleanser, and the mint extract removes excessive sebum and smoothens the pores.

This cleanser is free from PEG surfactant, animal-based ingredients, mineral oil, aromatics, synthetic colorant, sulfate surfactant, and soap. It is suitable for those with sensitive skin as well. 


This cleansing water is just like the others: very liquidy, fluid, pretty much looks just like water, except it's not as clear and it has a slight makeup remover scent to it.

As far as micellar water brands go, my absolute favorite would still be Biore. But after using Laneige's, I'd say Biore has some tough competition! Both brands have similar products- and that's a good thing because it gives us, the consumers, a choice. If you want to try the Perfect Makeup Cleansing Water though, here's some reasons why I think you should:


For starters, it's mild on the skin. While removing my makeup, I didn't feel any stinging or burning sensation with this one. This is perfect for those who want their removers lightweight and skin-friendly.

Two, even though it's mild, it's sooooo good at removing makeup. I've tried micellar waters before that are too gentle to the point that I have to really scrub to remove my makeup. With this one, however, I just need to wipe my face with mild pressure and all makeup I have on just goes onto my cotton pad. And yes, that includes waterproof mascara and eyeliner!

Finally, this feels refreshing on the skin. Like, you just splashed your face with water kind of refreshing. Might be also because of the mint extract! Not only does this feels refreshing, it also feels soothing and calming. Your skin will feel really clean that you won't have to immediately wash your face upon removing your makeup. Yep, no film on the skin whatsoever!

So, if you're looking for a new mild but powerful makeup remover, I 10/10 recommend this product. It removes all gunk on the face while soothing and moisturizing the skin- perfect for fuss-free cleansing!

You May Also Like

0 comments